The pet-friendly ride option
We know that Hong Kongers love their pets, and it’s not always easy to leave them at home. But now, your furry friends can get in on the fun and come along for the ride.
When you request an Uber Pet ride, you’ll be matched with a driver-partner who’s comfortable having you and your pet in their car.
Why are we launching Uber Pet?
Why leave your best friend behind? Now you can take your beloved furry pal wherever you’re headed.
How it works
- Open the Uber app and tell us ‘Where to’.
- Scroll through your ride options and choose Uber Pet.
- Confirm your ride, and get ready to hit the road with your furry friend.
Riding with service animals
Please note that riders with service animals are not required to choose Uber Pet. Uber commits to increase the transport options for people with disabilities.
For a better experience for you and your service animal, we recommend you to order a ride through Uber Assist or Uber Pet as these driver-partners and their vehicles are prepared for you and your service animal.
We also encourage riders to contact the driver-partner once being matched, to communicate that you are about to bring service animals aboard.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many pets can I bring on Uber Pet?
Uber Pet is limited to one pet per trip. If you have more pets with you, please notify the driver-partner first and it’s up to the driver-partner to decide if they want to take them on the trip.
- What types of animals can I bring?
Pets come in all shapes and sizes – furry, feathered or scaley – but Uber Pet is primarily for dogs and cats. Remember that you are fully responsible for controlling your furry friend while on the trip.
Your driver-partner always has the right to refuse animal types beyond dogs and cats and refuse animals they deem unsafe or uncontrolled.
- Does it cost extra to take an Uber Pet Trip?
Since you’ll be bringing along a pet, Uber Pet trips will cost more than other vehicle options. In addition, if your pet leaves waste, excessive hair, or damages the vehicle, you could be charged a cleaning fee by the driver-partner. To avoid being charged a cleaning fee, see our helpful tips below.
- Tips for bringing pets on Uber trips
- Have your dog or cat restrained with a leash, harness, or placed in a pet carrier. If your pet is not a dog or cat they will need to be in a carrier.
- Help drivers keep vehicles clean for all riders by bringing a blanket/towel to cover the seat and reduce the risk of damage or mess.
- Ask your driver-partner if they have a preference for where your pet should sit.
- Do not leave your pet unattended.
- What happens if my pet makes a Mess?
Pets are likely to leave a little pet hair or animal odour, in which case a cleaning fee will not apply. But, if your pet has an accident where car cleaning is necessary (urine, faeces, vomit, damage, etc.) you will need to pay a cleaning fee.
- How many riders can ride with Uber Pet?
A maximum of four riders and one pet may ride with Uber Pet. Additional riders will be left to the discretion of the driver-partner.
- Is my pet insured?
Insurance on Uber rides is only for humans. So, you’re insured for every trip but your furry little buddy is not.
Posted by Uber Hong Kong
A brand new product line-up to fit your riding preference – introducing Comfort and the all-new Black
12 December 2019 / Hong Kong
Stopping Uber Fraudsters Through Risk Challenges
DataCentral: Uber’s Big Data Observability and Chargeback Platform
Jupiter: Config Driven Adtech Batch Ingestion Platform
How Uber Serves Over 40 Million Reads Per Second from Online Storage Using an Integrated Cache