What is Cancellation Fee?
You can cancel a trip at any time through the Uber app, but may be charged a Cancellation Fee of HK$20 if you cancel after you’re matched with your driver. Cancellation Fees pay driver-partners for the time and effort they spend getting to your location.
^Cancellation Fee for each ride options: HK$20 for UberX, Uber Taxi, Flash, Assist and Uber Pet; HK$25 for Comfort; HK$35 for UberXL and HK$40 for Black.
When will you be charged a Cancellation Fee?
- If you cancel your trip 3 minutes after your request (or 6 minutes for Black trips) after your request.
- If your driver cancel the trip 5 minutes (or 10 minutes for Black trips) after arriving at the pickup location.
However, if you cancel a trip before being matched with a driver-partner, you will NOT be charged a cancellation fee.
If you are charged a Cancellation Fee, the exact amount will reveal in the receipt email.
What is Wait Time Fee?
You will be charged HK$2 per minute after your driver arrives at the pick-up location for 3 minutes* . If you decide to cancel the trip instead, you will only be charged a Cancellation Fee.
*Applicable to UberX, Uber Taxi, Flash, Uber Pet, Comfort, UberXL and Black trips
How can I avoid being charged Wait Time Fee?
You can be more reliable than GPS!
- Set up exact pick up location, by entering detailed address, or drag your pin to any location on the map.
- Try to avoid restricted or unsafe areas for pickups and drop-offs.
Meet your driver promptly and look out for the “Arriving soon” notification.
- Your driver is arriving the pick-up spot. You will receive an “Arriving soon” notification.
- When your driver arrives at the pick-up location, you will be notified to “Meet Driver Now”.