We heard you Dhaka. Uber’s most affordable car ride option is here for you. UberPool allows you to share your trip with other riders who are going in the same direction as you and also share the cost of the trip. With a little walking and a few extra moments, you can save up to 30% compared to a regular UberX ride.
Walk a little, save a lot with Uber Pool.
How it works:
- Open your Uber app
- Select your destination
- Choose Pool from the ride options
- Request Pool
- Confirm your pickup location
- Select the number of passengers
- Wait a few moments as we connect you to other riders
- Follow the dotted line to reach your pick up spot
- Allow the driver to follow the GPS as he picks up other riders
- Walk a little from your drop-off spot to reach the destination
- Ensure that your pickup point is accurate and on the correct side of the road.
- Reach your pickup spot before your ride arrives to avoid delaying your co-passengers.
- Allow the driver to follow the GPS; it’s configured to be convenient for all riders.
- Be mindful of your co-passengers’ space.
- Don’t forget to make new friends while enjoying the ride!
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Will my ride pick me up from my doorsteps?
A. An efficient pickup spot is selected by Uber which will be a few minutes walk from your location. These spots may change based on popular routes at the time you request. You will have to follow the dotted lines shown in the app to walk to reach your pickup spot.
Q. Will my ride drop me off at my selected destination?
A. No. Uber selects the best drop-off location for you based on the destination of your co-passengers. You may have to walk a few minutes to reach your final destination.
Q. How are the pickup and drop-off locations selected?
A. Uber selects these pickup and drop-off spots based on the driver’s location and other riders’ destination. Uber’s algorithm makes sure that these spots minimize detours taken by the driver and is best suited to all the riders sharing the trip.
Q. Why does it take longer than usual to match me with a ride?
A. The few extra moments are used by Uber to search all nearby drivers, routes, pickup and drop-off locations to match you with other riders. Just wait a small amount of time before and you can save a great deal of time & money later on this shared trip.
Q. Who will I be sharing my trip with?
A. You will be matched with riders nearby trying to go to destination close to yours.
Q. Which cars are available on Pool?
A. All our UberX cars will be available for Uber Pool.
Q. Which areas are covered by Pool service?
A. Uber Pool is currently available in most parts of Dhaka Metropolitan City including Pallabi, Mirpur, Shaymoli, Tejgaon, Farmgate, Dhanmondi, Kalabagan, Hathkhola, Arambag, Motijheel, Mohakhali, Gulshan, Banani and many more. Just fire up your app, select destination and scroll down to the product list to check if Pool is available in your area.
Q. How do I report issues?
A. Go on help.uber.com to report any issues with your Uber Pool ride. We’ll be happy to help!