Vérification de sécurité
There are two safety screenings that you must pass to start driving with Uber in Toronto: a Motor Vehicle Record Check and a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check.
Driver's License and Vehicle Inspection
You must upload a valid Driver's Licence and Vehicle Inspection to your driver profile before you can get started on your screenings.
Vérification du dossier de conduite et du casier judiciaire
Complete online or in-person
Online: Online: Once your Driver's Licence and Vehicle Inspection is uploaded, you'll receive an email with a link to complete your two screenings. Gather two pieces of ID to complete your screening online.
In-person: To complete your background screening at a Greenlight Hub, make sure to bring 2 pieces of ID with you.
These safety screenings need to be conducted annually. When your screening is about to expire, you'll be asked to complete a new MVR and Criminal Record Check.
- At least three years of driving history is required
- No more than three minors and no more than eight demerit points in the last three years
- No major violations in the last 3 years
- No suspensions other than those due to unpaid fines/medical reasons
You'll need two pieces of ID to complete your safety screenings.
- Your current Ontario Driver's Licence
- One other piece of ID from the list below:
- Credit Card or Debit Card (must have your name on the front)
- Birth Certificate
- Health Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Government Employment Card
- Student card
- Indian Status Card
- Hospital Card
Avez-vous des questions?
If you have questions about your safety screenings, visit us at a Greenlight Hub to get support. Remember to bring any necessary documents and forms with you.