Most people can drive with Uber. The requirements vary by city but there are a few minimum requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid class 1, 2, or 4 Albert driver's licence
- Use an eligible vehicle
- Vehicle model must be 10 years or newer
Before hitting the road, share the documentation below:
- A valid class 1, 2, or 4 Alberta driver's licence
- Proof of work eligibility
- Proof of class 1-55 vehicle registration
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit and in-focus and cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
After signing up, you'll need to obtain a three-year driving abstract and then complete a background screening at your nearest Uber Greenlight Hub. It will review your driving record and criminal history.
View your city's Getting Started page for specific information on the application and background screening process of your location.
Documents to keep in your car
City bylaw regulators may request rides at any time to conduct vehicle and document inspections.
Be sure to keep the following documents in your vehicle when driving with Uber:
- Driver's licence
- Vehicle registration
- Proof of insurance
- Safety Standards Certificate (SSC)
Also, make sure to have any required Uber sticker(s) placed on your vehicle.
It's easy to get started
1. Sign up online
Tell us about yourself and your car, if you have one. If you don’t, we’ll help you get one.
2. Share some documents
We’ll need a copy of your driver's licence and some information for a screening. You can also sign your agreements online and add a vehicle to your account.
3. Activate your account
Bring your car to a local activation centre, or partner with a transport company and drive using their vehicles. Requirements vary by city, so sign up to see more information.
Local vehicle requirements
In addition to the minimum requirements above, each city has its own regulations for vehicles.
Deliver with Uber Eats
Drivers 21 years of age and older may qualify for delivery services, like Uber Eats. Learn about more ways to earn.
Support at every turn
We want every Uber trip to be hassle-free. So we’re here to help with whenever you need it.
The material provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.