Looking for driving jobs in Vancouver?
Are you searching for full-time driver jobs or part-time driver jobs in Vancouver? Try using Uber instead. The app gives you the flexibility to set your own hours and earn on your time.
Become a rideshare driver in Vancouver, BC
Your city needs drivers like you to keep everyone moving forward. Thousands of riders request rides with Uber every day. You can use your vehicle to get paid to drive in Vancouver while getting riders where they need to go.
Uber also connects you to these ways to earn:
Deliver with Uber Eats
Try food delivery using your 4-wheel or 2-wheel vehicle. With Uber Eats, you can connect people with the food they love from local restaurants.
Invite friends and family to join the Uber community. Use your promo code when referring others, and you’ll earn a reward after they complete a certain number of trips.
Part-time, flexible hours
An alternative to traditional driving jobs in Vancouver.
If you’re looking for driver jobs in Vancouver, give Uber a try instead. Get paid to drive or deliver when you want, on the platform with the largest network of active riders.
Driving with Uber in Vancouver offers a flexible earning opportunity. It’s a great alternative to full-time driver jobs, part-time driver jobs, or other part-time gigs, temp jobs, or seasonal employment. Or maybe you’re already a rideshare driver and want to supplement your income by becoming a driver using the Uber platform. Drivers using Uber come from all backgrounds and industries, setting their own schedule to make life work for them.
Uber offers part-time driver job alternatives in all major cities in Canada, including Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, and Vancouver—plus other cities of all sizes across the country.
Uber’s mission is to reimagine the way the world moves for the better. We started in 2010 to solve a simple problem: How do you get access to a ride at the touch of a button? More than 15 billion trips later, we’re building products to get people closer to where they want to be. By changing how people, food, and things move through cities, Uber is a platform that opens up the world to new possibilities.
Drivers using Uber are independent contractors who work on their own schedule with flexible hours. You must meet certain requirements to drive with Uber depending on where you will drive. Uber is available in more than 10,000 cities worldwide. Signing up is easy for most people. We welcome drivers from other parts of the driving industry, such as bus, truck, taxi, limo, catering, and commercial drivers. We also welcome rideshare drivers and drivers who have been active on other driving apps and services. Driving with Uber is a good way to earn additional money. And you might also be eligible to deliver with Uber Eats. It’s easy to get started.
Requirements to be a driver in Vancouver
- Be at least 21 years old to conduct ridesharing in your city
- Meet the minimum years of driving experience in your city
- Clear a background check
- Your vehicle has to meet age and safety inspection standards
- If there are additional regulatory requirements for your city, we’ll let you know
- Valid driver's license
- Proof of ability to work in Canada
- Insurance for your vehicle
- Vehicle registration
- Vehicle safety inspection certificate
- Note: Insurance, registration and safety inspection are not required if you plan to rent a vehicle from an authorized third-party provider
- Submit your documents and photo
- Provide information for a background check
- Find out if your vehicle is eligible, or rent a car from an authorized third-party provider
Frequently asked questions
- How does driving with Uber compare with full-time or part-time driver jobs in Vancouver?
Different driving jobs in Vancouver offer different opportunities. Some driving jobs have set hours and strict schedules. With Uber, you can decide whether you want to drive frequently or just a short time on the weekend. Previous rideshare experience is not required.
- I’m looking for full-time or part-time driver jobs near me. If I choose to use Uber instead, how often will I have to drive?
Your schedule is up to you. With Uber, you can get paid to drive when you want. You have the flexibility to be a rideshare driver in Vancouver whenever you choose.
- How can I see how much I’ll get paid after each trip?
We make it as easy as possible for you to track your earnings from riders. A monetary amount at the top of your screen will show how much you’re getting paid to drive in Vancouver. Look for helpful tools in the app to give you more details and show you your totals in real time.
Jobs by city