All Greenlight Hubs will be temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
You can get help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the app. To speak with an agent, go to Help in your Uber Driver app, then tap Call Support.
To drive with Uber in Edmonton, your vehicle must meet these minimum requirements:
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- 5 seatbelts
- 10 years old or newer
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- No commercial branding
- Pass a vehicle inspection
You must have a Class 1-55 vehicle registration to drive with Uber. Learn more here.
Please note: the Class 1-55 vehicle registration does not provide drivers with the same privileges as a taxi.
Alberta has approved an insurance policy from Intact Insurance designed specifically for rideshare drivers. You can see our policy here. All drivers are also required to maintain a personal insurance policy. We recommend speaking with your provider to discuss ridesharing. For a rideshare-friendly insurance quote, please visit www.uber.aon.ca.
Your name must be visible on the insurance pink slip. If you’re the secondary driver, you must show proof of the policy document with your name on it.
The most popular option for riders.
The vehicle's model year must be 10 years old or newer to qualify to drive with UberX in Edmonton. View our list of popular models, but others may qualify.
Seat extra passengers—and earn higher fares—with your high-capacity vehicle.
The vehicle's model year must be 10 years old or newer. Most SUVs qualify to drive with UberXL. See our list of popular models, but others may qualify.
Uber Comfort was designed to maximize possibilities on the Uber platform.
- Maintaining eligibility on a different Uber option such as Uber Black, Uber Black SUV, UberX, or UberXL
- Having a minimum star rating of 4.85 based on at least 250 trips
- Driving a vehicle with more legroom than smaller, compact cars eligible for UberX and that meet the minimum vehicle year requirement
Under local regulations for Edmonton, all drivers must display an Uber decal on their vehicle while online. Place one on your front windshield on the passenger side and rear windshield on the driver side facing outward. You can remove them when you decide to go offline and save them for the next time. Keeping the paper that the decals come with offers a place to put your sticker when not in use.
Need to order stickers?
Order in your app:
- Go to the ‘Account’ tab
- Go to ‘Help’ and select ‘Signing Up’
- Go to ‘Requirements’ and select ‘Uber decal requirements’
- Click on ‘ORDER UBER DECAL’