All Greenlight Hubs will be temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
You can get help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the app. To get help, tap your profile picture in your Uber Driver app, select Help, then select where we can help.
There are three safety screenings that you must pass to start driving with Uber in Ottawa: a Motor Vehicle Record Check, a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check, and a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Driver's licence and Certificate of Registration
You must upload a valid Driver's Licence and Certificate of Registration to your driver profile before you can get started on your screenings.
Motor Vehicle Record and Criminal Record Check
Complete online or in-person
Online: Once your Driver's Licence and Vehicle Registration is uploaded, you'll receive an email with a link to complete your two screenings. Gather two pieces of ID to complete your screening online.
In-person: To complete your background screening at a Greenlight Hub, make sure to bring 2 pieces of ID with you.
These safety screenings need to be conducted annually. When your screening is about to expire, you'll be asked to complete a new MVR and Criminal Record Check.
- At least 3 years of driving history is required
- No more than 3 minors and no more than 8 demerit points in the last 3 years
- No major violations in the last 3 years
- No suspensions other than those due to unpaid fines/medical reasons
Vulnerable Sector Check
After your background screening, you’ll also need a one-time Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC). This check costs $65 and is not covered by Uber.
- Create an account on the online portal.
- You can go online and complete a VSC. Once you're in the portal, you can create an account to begin the process.
- Follow the steps online.
- Make sure you select the option for Level 3: Vulnerable Sector Check
- Be prepared with your Ontario Driver's Licence and another piece of ID.
To complete a VSC, you'll need to fill out a form or pick one up at a Police Station.
- Once you've completed the form, drop off the form at the Ottawa Police Station located at 2670 Queensview Drive.
- Make sure you bring the following documents with you:
- 2 pieces of valid photo ID: Driver's licence and a second piece of ID
- Proof of Ottawa address: If your current address is not on your Driver's licence, please bring a phone or utility bill
If you have questions about your safety screenings, visit us at a Greenlight Hub to get support. Remember to bring any necessary documents and forms with you.