Mardi Gras is officially over and New Orleanians everywhere are faced with bags of beads and throws that might get thrown away or stored in an attic. This year, we’ve teamed up with our friends at Arc of Greater New Orleans and their Mardi Gras Recycle Center to make bead recycling quick and convenient.
This Saturday, February 13, with the touch of a button, a driver will come to your house, pick up bags of beads or throws and deliver them directly to a local Arc donation center – all for free!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bag up the beads or throws you’re willing to donate
- Open the app from 10am – 2pm on February 13
- Slide over to the ‘RECYCLE’ view and hit request
- An SUV will arrive to pick up your items and drop-off your donation to a local Arc of Greater New Orleans donation center.
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
It’s totally FREE!
- All beads and throws must be bagged for drivers to accept your donation
- Please keep in mind drivers can’t leave vehicles unattended, so we ask that you bring your bagged beads out to meet your driver when they arrive.
- #UberBeadPickup will be in high demand so please be patient!
If you are unable to donate on February 13, you can still help by finding the nearest donation center here. We are thrilled to be partnering with Arc of Greater New Orleans for #UberBeadPickup this Saturday. By donating, you’re not only committing to keeping Mardi Gras beads and throws out of landfills, but also supporting Arc of GNO in providing federal minimum wage jobs for people with disabilities through Arc’s bead recycling services.