You'll need to upload a few documents to your Uber profile before you hit the road.
Please note that we do NOT accept photocopied documents
You can upload and maintain the documents on your profile at partners.uber.com.
Driver's licence (front)
All UberX partners must hold a valid, unrestricted NSW driver's licence. You must also have held a full valid Australian licence for at least 12 months in the last 2 years.
The front of your driver's licence must clearly show:
- Your full name
- Your photo
- Date of birth (must be over 21 years of age)
- Licence number
- The licence expiry date (must be a current licence)
- The licence class as open (provisional and learners licences are not accepted)
Passport / birth certificate
To process your background check and submit your passenger transport licence application, we will need either a copy of your passport (must be current or within 2 years of expiry) or Australian birth certificate. The image must clearly show your:
- Legal given names (first name and any middle names)
- Birth country
- Birth state
- Birth city
- Date of birth
Note: The example below is of an Australian Passport only. Generally, most nationality passports will be able to be used when processing the background check.
All UberX driver-partners in NSW are required to show proof of third party property damage or comprehensive vehicle insurance information for each vehicle on their profile.
The provided insurance certificate of currency must clearly show:
- Your name as either the policyholder or a listed driver
- Your vehicle's registration
- Your vehicle make (eg. Toyota)
- Your vehicle model (eg. Camry)
- Your vehicle year (eg. 2016)
- A valid expiry date (eg. October 1, 2017)
Note: Your insurance document may look different than the example, however the information listed above will still need to be visible. If the information is across multiple pages, please upload a PDF copy.