Vehicle inspections in Victoria
Under commercial passenger vehicle regulations in Victoria, a vehicle driving on the Uber app must undergo an annual inspection to ensure they provide a safe experience for passengers. When ‘online’ and completing trips using the Uber Driver app, you are required to carry proof of your vehicle having passed an inspection and be able to produce this when asked by an officer from Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria (CPVV).
In Victoria, To obtain this, you can either book with Redbook Inspect who provide a CPVV-approved inspection process at three locations (Tullamarine, Port Melbourne & Dandenong), or you can book an inspection at any Licensed Vehicle Tester in Victoria to obtain a Roadworthy Certificate.
Vehicle identification sticker
Drivers must display either a CPV sign or a sign identifying Uber on their vehicle. Order an Uber sticker via this website, but while you wait for it to arrive, you may opt to print a copy of the Victorian commercial passenger vehicle signage here as your sticker.
Common issues to look out for
Ensure each tyre has a sufficient tread depth of at least 1.5mm. To save time, we recommend you check your tyres prior to getting an inspection.
Also ensure that:
- All four tyres are in roadworthy condition.
- Spare tyre must be secure and inflated, if present.
- If no spare tyre is present, a Run flat tyre kit must be in the vehicle.
Lights and Stickers
Ensure all lights are working, including headlights, park lights, signal indicator lights and brake lights.
Hybrid / LPG / Electric Vehicles must have an identifying sticker affixed to the number plate.
The interior of the vehicle is also part of the inspection.
- All components must be relatively clean and free from stain.
- Interior must be clean and vacuumed.
- All seat belts and buckles must retract and operative.
- No tape or missing components on seat belt buckles or catches.
In the engine compartment, keep these in check:
- Battery must be secure
- No major oil leaks
- All mounting points must be within roadworthy laws
Ensure the body of your car is in good condition by knowing:
- Anything bigger than a credit card-sized damage needs to be repaired.
- Hail damage is an instant fail.
- Different colour panels will be marked a fail.
- Scratches or scuff marks bigger than a credit card is considered a fail in the inspection.
- Documentation must be provided for previous major panel repairs.
The information being provided in this web page for informational purposes only, about a third-party offers. Uber is not responsible for third-party offers, products, and/or services. These offers are subject to change and may be updated or withdrawn without notice.