Vehicle inspections in Victoria
Under commercial passenger vehicle regulations in Victoria, a vehicle driving on the Uber app must undergo an annual inspection to ensure they provide a safe experience for passengers. When ‘online’ and completing trips using the Uber Driver app, you are required to carry proof of your vehicle having passed an inspection and be able to produce this when asked by an officer from Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria (CPVV).
In Victoria, Uber has partnered with Redbook Inspect to make vehicle inspections easy for you.
Redbook inspect is authorised by CPVV to inspect commercial passenger vehicles. Once you successfully complete your inspection, the inspection report will be uploaded to your profile and become available in your Uber Driver app. You can access the report by swiping up to the trip planner inside your app and heading to Waybill > Vehicle Inspection Report.
Book an inspection
Simply book an appointment with Redbook Inspect at the link below.
This inspection charge applies to driver-partners who are signing up for the first time and who are getting an annual re-inspection. Please note that Redbook inspections require an upfront payment.
The process will take approximately 30 minutes and if your vehicle passes, your inspection report will be uploaded on your profile.
Vehicle identification sticker
Under the Victorian Government’s regulatory requirements, all driver-partners are required to display vehicle identification while ‘online’ and completing trips using the Uber app. You can collect a vehicle identification sticker during your vehicle inspection. Otherwise, order one online.
Common issues to look out for
Ensure each tyre has a sufficient tread depth of at least 1.5mm. To save time, we recommend you check your tyres prior to getting an inspection.
Also ensure that:
- All four tyres are in roadworthy condition.
- Spare tyre must be secure and inflated, if present.
- If no spare tyre is present, a Run flat tyre kit must be in the vehicle.
Lights and Stickers
Ensure all lights are working, including headlights, park lights, signal indicator lights and brake lights.
Hybrid / LPG / Electric Vehicles must have an identifying sticker affixed to the number plate.
The interior of the vehicle is also part of the inspection.
- All components must be relatively clean and free from stain.
- Interior must be clean and vacuumed.
- All seat belts and buckles must retract and operative.
- No tape or missing components on seat belt buckles or catches.
In the engine compartment, keep these in check:
- Battery must be secure
- No major oil leaks
- All mounting points must be within roadworthy laws
Ensure the body of your car is in good condition by knowing:
- Anything bigger than a credit card-sized damage needs to be repaired.
- Hail damage is an instant fail.
- Different colour panels will be marked a fail.
- Scratches or scuff marks bigger than a credit card is considered a fail in the inspection.
- Documentation must be provided for previous major panel repairs.
Come in for an inspection
This is longer placeholder text.