Valdosta Regional Airport
VLD regulations for Uber partners
Per VLD regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations.
- All ride dropoffs and pickups must occur on the departures level
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal by mail by using this form
- When on airport property, the Uber Driver App must be open at all times (please do not log off until you exit the airport)
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “info” button that appears in your app
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at VLD, you need to enter the dedicated staging lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the staging area, located in Long Term Parking.
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pickup your rider at the first terminal door, near the Uber signs
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At VLD, simply drop off riders near the Uber signs at the first terminal door. It's important to keep the Uber Driver App on until you exit airport property.
Uber staging lot at VLD
Partners are required to wait in the airport staging lot, located within Long Term Parking. Once you accept a ride request, proceed to the main terminal to pick up the passenger. You may need to call or text your passenger to let them know exactly where to meet. Please do not head to the terminal until you have accepted a ride request.
Please respect the airport property and staff while on airport grounds. The airport staff reserves the right to give fines or citations to any partner who violates their property rules and regulations. In extreme cases, partners may be restricted from receiving airport pickup requests.