Aeropuerto Internacional Midway (MDW)
When driving at MDW, Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Airport Regulations for driver-partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- We’ve instituted a special first vehicle in is the first one out (FIFO) system at Chicago Midway International Airport. The FIFO system only works within the designated, geofenced area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
- At all times, the following documents are required:
- Your Vehicle Emblem/TNP Chauffeur License on the passenger side dash
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub or fill out this form to receive one by mail.
- TNP Trade Dress in the passenger side of your rear window. Driver-partners may also obtain this at their local Greenlight Hub.
- Before picking up at any Chicago airports, Uber driver-partners must first complete this airport quiz.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
Puntos de partida en el aeropuerto
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
Uber’s technology uses a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area, located within a “FIFO zone”. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver-partner to enter will be the first to receive a trip request.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, the waiting area is located at 7101 S Cicero Ave (see map below).
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
- Proximity to the terminal within the FIFO zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
- If there are no driver-partners in the FIFO zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the FIFO zone - based on proximity and other factors.
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the FIFO zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, the pickup location at MDW is located at Arrivals - Door 4 (see map below). To meet your rider, enter the center aisle. Pull over prior to picking up a passenger so as to not block the flow of traffic.
Starting on August 20, between the hours of 7am and 3pm, we will be piloting PIN—a new pickup feature at Midway International Airport (MDW) for UberX requests. PIN is designed to streamline airport pick ups.
How PIN works
Once you’re at the top of the driver queue for UberX requests rather than being matched with a specific rider, you’ll be instructed in-app to navigate to the Uber PIN pickup area. Once there:
- Continue pulling forward in the queue until parking staff directs a rider to your vehicle.
- Before entering your vehicle, the rider will provide you with a unique 6-digit PIN code; tap Enter rider PIN on the bottom of your Driver app and input the code.
- Once the PIN is confirmed, the rider may enter your vehicle and you can start your trip.
Dropoffs at the airport
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at Departures. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterward, you’ll need to keep the Uber Driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
Ciudades con servicio de auto privado
Oportunidad de prestar servicios por ciudad
Renta de autobuses a través de Uber Charter