We share the same vision as the cities where we operate. All of us want cleaner, less-congested cities where everyone can move freely. In partnership with cities and transit agencies, we can help make public transit more accessible and easier to use while reducing private car ownership.
Extend the reach of mass transit through our network of bikes, scooters, ridesharing, and journey planning, all in one convenient app.
Lower operating expenses by leveraging existing networks and systems.
Provide solutions that support everyone's ability to move, whether they need a wheelchair-accessible vehicle, travel with a service animal, or want to request a ride but don’t have a smartphone.
Include transit in the Uber app, so that when customers are planning to request an Uber trip, they can consider transit.
• Journey planning: provide real-time transit data and routes in the Uber app
• Mobile ticketing: enable riders to purchase public transit tickets in the Uber app (coming in spring)
Make access to transit available to everyone, including those with accessibility needs.
• Paratransit program: provide accessible transport options for people with disabilities and special needs; see how we launched a pilot program with Boston’s MBTA
• WAV: offer access to request wheelchair-accessible vehicles through the Uber platform; see how we help riders who use wheelchairs to get around
Extend the reach of public transit for first-mile, last-mile, and late-night trips.
• First- and last-mile routes: offer agency-subsidized trips that begin or end at transit stops and hubs
• Late-night trips: give riders a reliable option to request rides when mass transit isn’t running; see how we offer direct connections to bus riders in Pinellas County, Florida
Use innovative transit solutions and save significant capital and resources.
• Shared UberPool rides: use in low-density zones and traditionally low-utilized routes
• New routes: create in partnership with cities; see how we developed a transportation option with the town of Innisfil, Ontario
Design your city’s transportation future with anonymized data from our partnerships.
• Dashboards: access key bike and scooter metrics and data
• Data tools: highlight the impact of transit, and plan smarter policies with Uber’s open data and interactive tools; see how cities use our data to understand traffic patterns
Charlie Baker, Governor of Massachusetts
With 50 (and counting) successful government partnerships, our team has tried-and-tested solutions and can customize products to meet your needs.
Understand a changing mobility landscape with our global network used by 75 million riders and 3 million drivers who take and give 15 million trips every day.
Provide environmentally friendly transportation options such as electric bikes and scooters.
In 2016, Pinellas Suncoast Transit Agency in St. Petersburg, Florida, partnered with Uber to give economically disadvantaged residents access to 23 rides per month to and from their place of work or residence when bus routes are closed.
Book a free consultation. We’ll listen and show you how our technology can address your challenges.
Get solutions tailored to your transit system’s needs, and rely on us to be your partners, from implementation through launch.
We can use data to help you improve your city’s transit system.