Hilton Head (HHH) Airport
HHH regulations for Uber partners
Per HHH regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation - you will be solely responsible for handling these citations and paying any associated fines.
- You must wait for airport ride requests in the designated Uber staging lot (tap here to navigate to the lot)
- All pickups must be made in the designated TNC pickup lane (the left lane)
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal by mail by using this form.
- When on airport property, the Uber Driver App must be open at all times (please do not log off until you exit the airport)
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “info” button that appears in your app
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at HHH, you need to enter the designated staging area, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive to the designated staging area shown on the map below
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pickup your rider at the designated pickup area (left lane)
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At HHH, simply drop off riders at the terminal in the dropoff lane. It's important to keep the Uber Driver app on until you exit airport property.
Uber staging lot at HHH
Uber partners may wait for ride requests at the designated staging lot only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot (and may be issued a citation).
Click here to navigate to the lot. Keep in mind that:
- Parking elsewhere on airrport property is prohibited
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Once you accept a ride request, proceed to the designated passenger pickup area to pick up the passenger via the route highlighted.
- You may need to call or text your passenger to let them know you are on your way
In order to have a great Uber experience at airports for both riders and drivers, we need your help. Please follow any airport rules and regulations. Additionally, if you’re picking up riders at the airport, please be available to complete all ride requests you accept. Please do not ask riders for their destination and then cancel. This causes problems for riders trying to get home, and drivers waiting for their next trip. It’s your choice to pick up riders at the airport.
Drivers who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service for riders or drivers, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to provide transportation to or from airports.