Information for drivers
When driving at PGD, Learn how to receive these trip requests and cash in on the action.
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the Punta Gorda airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at PGD, you need to enter the dedicated first-in, first-out queueing (FIFO) zone, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the waiting area to enter the FIFO (see map below)
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pick up your rider in a TNC-only dedicated spot in the Short-Term Parking Lot, located off Skylane Way
Uber FIFO zone at PGD
Uber partners within the staging area zone in the map on the right are eligible to receive trip requests from PGD.
Once you arrive within the FIFO zone, you will automatically be placed into a virtual, first-in, first-out queue as long as you are online.
You can wait anywhere within the FIFO zoning boundaries, subject to airport rules. It doesn’t matter how close or far you are to the requester, as long as you stay within the FIFO boundaries.
- You will lose your place in line if you cancel a trip on a rider, go offline, shut down your phone, switch vehicles, or leave the FIFO zoning area
- You will NOT lose your place in line if a rider cancels or if you drive around within FIFO boundaries
- Staging is permitted in the area starting 30 minutes prior to first flight arrival time and no later than 30 minutes following last flight arrival. You can see PGD flight information here
Designated pickup area at the airport
Uber users at PGD airport who request rides will be instructed to meet you at the Short-Term Parking Lot, located across from the airport's main exit.
Please note, due to construction, the driver staging area will be temporary moved across the street from the permanent staging lot through February 2021.