Information for driver-partners
When driving at PVD, Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
To receive pickup requests at the airport, enter the FIFO (first-in, first-out) Zone within PVD, pictured in the map below. Once in the FIFO Zone, drivers receive ride requests via a virtual queue.
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
- Your location within the FIFO Zone does not affect your position in the virtual queue
- When you’re in the FIFO Zone, you'll be able to see your position in the queue and how many partners are ahead of you in your Uber Driver app
- You can lose your place in line if: you go offline on your Uber driver app, you drive outside the FIFO Zone, you do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row, or you cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
- Parking or idling at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is strictly forbidden and does not enter you into the queue. Doing this may result in a citation. Uber does not pay for citations issued to drivers for illegally parking at airports.
Picking up your rider
- When you receive a pickup request, follow the directions in your Uber Driver app to the ground floor of the Red Beam Garage. Riders will be instructed to meet you there.
- Once you arrive at the pickup location, if you can't find your rider, message or call them through your Uber Driver app to let them know where you are
- Note: Uber driver-partners are only permitted to be in the Red Beam Garage for 15-minutes per pickup. Please do not wait on airport property at any time.
How drop-off requests work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport. Dropping off riders at T.F. Green Airport is easy. Simply follow the in-app instructions and drop your rider off at their desired terminal, on the departures level.
Note that waiting in the terminal area, parking illegally, and idling on the shoulder may result in a citation.
PVD pickup Map
Uber driver-partners may wait for ride requests in the FIFO (first-in, first-out) Zone pictured in the map.
Getting your car ready
Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
Helping with luggage
It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
Identifying your riders
Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
Checking the arrivals schedule
Checking the arrivals schedule at PVD can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See PVD Arrivals schedules.
Making music optional
While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!