All Greenlight Hubs will be temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience.
You can get help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the app. To get help, tap your profile picture in your Uber Driver app, select Help, then select where we can help.
Information for driver-partners
When driving at EWR, Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Pickups at the airport
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
To receive pickup requests at EWR, enter the Rideshare Hold Lot to wait for a trip. Once in the staging lot, drivers receive ride requests via a virtual first-in, first-out (FIFO) queue.
Picking up your rider
When you receive a notification you have a pickup request, follow the directions in your Uber Driver app.
- As you approach the pickup area, the app will indicate your rider information and the terminal number where he or she is waiting.
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pick up your rider on the arrivals level at EWR.
- Terminal areas can be crowded at times. Once you arrive at the pickup location, if you can't find your rider, message or call them through your Uber Driver app to let them know where you are.
In addition to regular requests, we've also launched the Pre-Match feature at the airport.
- Pre-Match will prompt driver-partners in the staging lot to begin heading towards the airport terminal a few minutes before an anticipated ride request.
- That way, driver-partners can get as close as possible to the terminal before receiving a pick up request, which minimizes idle time.
The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
Dropoffs at the airport
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Dropping off riders at the airport is easy. Simply follow the in-app instructions and drop your rider off at their desired terminal on the departures level.
Note that waiting in the terminal area, parking illegally, and idling on the shoulder may result in a citation.
- The re-match feature allows partners who just completed an airport drop off to receive a pickup request without having to go to the Rideshare Hold Lot. To qualify for re-match, partners must complete a drop off at the airport.
- If you're in the terminal and don’t receive a request after a few moments, please drive to the Rideshare Hold Lot to wait for a pickup request. Please do not loiter in the terminal, as idling at the curb can still result in a fine.
The FIFO queue at the airport
- Your location within the waiting lot does not affect your position in the virtual queue.
- When you’re in the designated waiting areas, you'll be able to see your position in the queue and how many partners are ahead of you in your Uber driver app.
- If you are a New Jersey partner, you will be given the next trip request to New Jersey when it is your turn for a request, in accordance with state and local law.
- If you are a New York City partner, you will be given the next trip request to New York City when it is your turn for a request, in accordance with state and local law.
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the FIFO zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
- You may wait in the Rideshare Hold Lot for up to 4 hours.
- Parking or idling at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is strictly forbidden and does not enter you into the trip queue. Doing this may result in a citation. Uber does not pay for citations issued to drivers for illegally parking at airports.
EWR Rideshare Hold Lot
1) Driver cancellations Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
2) Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
3) Ridershare Hold Lot: Drivers should only wait in the designated Rideshare Hold Lot while at the airport
4) Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
5) Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
6) Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
7) A message from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey: Please keep in mind these counterterrorism awareness and prevention tips while completing trips at EWR. See tips >