MSP Airport permits
Instructions for drivers
Starting on January 1, 2018, MSP Airport will require all uberX, uberXL, and UberSELECT partners to obtain an airport-specific permit and vehicle decal to complete rider pickups at the airport.
MSP Airport Permit
Steps to getting your permit
Before your visit
- Fill out the MSP Airport permit form by clicking here—you will need to have your SSN & vehicle VIN ready
- Ensure your driver’s license is current and all documents are up-to-date in your Uber account *Note: If anything is expired, you will see a red bar on the top of your driver app home page
- Remember all drivers will need to get permitted, even if they share a vehicle
What to expect at the airport
- Parking will be available at the permit office
- Verify and sign a copy of the form you submitted
- Open your Uber driver app and navigate to the documents tab to show your active documents
- Tap on Waybill and scroll down to show a copy of your current vehicle inspection
- Show your driver's license
- Pay MSP Airport a permit fee of $25 by debit or credit card (cash will not be accepted)
- Airport staff will verify your information and provide you a decal for each vehicle as well as a paper driver permit
What to do after your visit
- MSP Airport rules require you to display the vehicle decal on the top, middle of your windshield behind your rearview mirror
- Upload a photo of the paper driver permit in your Uber app for each vehicle under the document labeled “MSP Airport Permit”
- Uber will give you access to continue driving at MSP Airport on January 1, 2018 when permit regulation goes into effect
- If you are driving a rental vehicle, please upload your MSP Airport Permit here.
Please note these changes do not affect UberBLACK or UberSUV pickups.
Permit office hours
Standard office hours are Mon - Fri 8am - 4:30pm.
Navigating to the permit office
To get to the Landside Operations T2 Office at MSP Airport, please follow these directions:
- Enter from 34th Ave from 494 (the airport encourages using 34th Ave rather than Post Rd)
- When you turn onto 34th Ave, a cemetery will be on your right
- Continue until you reach E 70th St and turn left onto E 70th St
- Continue until Humphrey and turn left onto Humphrey
- Head straight until you see an entrance on the righthand side at the white sign labeled “Authorized Vehicles Only.” You will qualify as an authorized vehicle.
- If you have questions, you can call the office at 612-467-0809