Pickups at the airport
In order to distribute trips efficiently on the platform, each Earner joins a virtual queue.
The Earner who arrived at the airport first also receives the next order.
The virtual queues are separate for each product (UberX, Black). If you are within the airport zone, i.e. within a maximum radius of 1km from the airport pickup area, you are automatically in the virtual queue.
ATTENTION: The Uber queue is virtual (in the app), there is no line of cars that you have to stand behind. You will be automatically queued by the app.
Tips for Waiting
- There are several places where it is good to wait, such as gas stations or parking lots
- Do not leave the airport zone, otherwise you will be put back in the virtual queue
- Even if a passenger cancels their ride request after ordering, you won’t lose your place in the virtual queue if you stay in the airport area
- While you are in the airport area, you can also receive and accept other orders from the area
- If you go offline, you will lose your place in the virtual queue and have to go back to the back of the queue
Pick-ups in the departure area
At Zurich Airport, riders can only be picked up by an Uber Earner at a specific location, namely the departure area at Check-in 1 or Check-in 2.
The rider can see exactly where they should go on the app, so you don’t have to call them separately.