Uber has a designated driver-partner waiting area and pick-up zone at Townsville Airport.
- The driver-partner waiting area is the same location as the rider pick-up zone.
- When riders leave the terminal and request their Uber they will be directed to the pick-up zone.
- Drop-offs can be made in the public passenger drop-off area, rather than the Uber pick-up zone.
- When you enter the waiting area you will be placed in a virtual queue, which means you will receive trip requests on a First-In-First-Out (FIFO) basis.
- This system has been designed to help ensure driver-partners who have been waiting in queue the longest receive requests first.
Pickups at the airport
Uber driver-partners may wait for ride requests at the designated waiting area only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this waiting area.
Here’s how it works:
- Enter the designated Uber waiting area on the corner of Avro Drive and Stinson Avenue (follow the directional signage).
- Wait in the area until you receive a trip request and accept the request as normal.
- Your rider will be notified in their app to proceed to the pick-up zone (exit to the left from the terminal). If your rider incorrectly heads to the public pick-up point we suggest politely asking them to proceed to the designated Uber pick-up zone, as Uber pick-ups cannot be made from the public area.
- If you cannot locate your rider you can contact them directly within the app. For that 5-star experience, it’s a nice touch to help your rider with their luggage.
- Once your rider is in your vehicle begin the trip as normal.