Requests will be assigned to drivers in order of entry into the Virtual Queue Area. In other words, the partner who arrived first in the area will be the first to be requested, and so on. (See map below)
We warn that defrauding the airport queue may result in the permanent deactivation of the partner driver’s account.
Virtual Queue at Porto Alegre Airport
Your place in the virtual queue is lost when you:
- Leave the area designated for the virtual queue
- Go offline
Your place in the virtual queue may be lost if:
- You cancels consecutive trips
- You reject consecutive trips
Your place in the virtual queue is maintained if:
- The customer cancels the trip
- Your internet signal drops
How airport trips work
1. Accepting and taking trips happens the same way as usual.
2. The app will show you where your local airport’s approved pickup or dropoff location is. It might be different from where you’d go if you weren’t driving with Uber; airports sometimes have designated zones for Uber and other ridesharing services.
3. If you’re dropping off a rider, you can ask them if their flight is domestic or international and what airline they’re flying, then you can look for signs that match what they tell you.
Pickups at the airport
Uber users in POA will be instructed to mark in the app which Terminal they are in.
Porto Alegre Airport has 3 fixed boarding locations, two located in Terminal 1 - boarding and disembarking - and one located in Terminal 2.
Users will be required to select a location from those pre-established. You will be notified in which of the two locations you should pick up the user. Boarding will not be permitted anywhere other than these two pre-established locations. (See map below)