Uber Eats Promotions: Terms and ConditionsWritten by
Uber Eats Promotions: Terms and Conditions
READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING. YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THEM WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDE LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
Uber Eats UK Limited (company registration number 10078453) of First Floor, Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman Street, London, United Kingdom, E1 8FA is the promoter of this Promotion. When we use the term “we” or “our” in these terms and conditions, we are referring to Uber Eats UK Limited. When we use the term “you” in these terms and conditions, we are referring to you, the participant in the promotion.
1. These terms and conditions apply to all Uber Eats promotions we publicise in the United Kingdom (each a “Promotion”), unless we indicate otherwise in the Promotion marketing.
2. The Promotion is open to you if you:
a. are aged 18 years or over;
b. have an Uber Eats account;
c. are compliant with the Uber Eats User Terms; and
d. you are in a location in the United Kingdom where Uber Eats is available.
3. The Promotion is not open to you if:
a. you are employed by us; or
b. you have a family member that is employed by us; or
c. you are an agent or third party directly associated with the administration of the Promotion;
4. In order to verify your eligibility for a promotion, we might require that you provide us with proof of your age, identity and/or residency.
5. You can download the Uber Eats User Terms and the Privacy Statement, both of which are applicable to this Promotion.
6. The Promotion will be available for the period of time specified in the Promotion marketing, or for the number of orders specified in the Promotion marketing. If no period of time or number of orders is specified in the Promotion marketing, the Promotion will be available for a limited time and this time period will be determined at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. If you have a promotion code (a “Promotion Code”), in order to redeem it you must either:
a. have a smartphone with an internet connection and GPS capability and you must have downloaded the Uber Eats app; or
b. have an active internet connection and register at: https://get.uber.com/open_app/store/browse?client_id=eats.
8. If you enter the Promotion Code before requesting an order, you will receive up to the value of the Promotion Code off the number of orders specified in the promotion marketing (the “Discount”).
9. The Promotion marketing may specify that the Promotion Code may only be redeemed by new users of the Uber Eats app on their first one or more orders (as specified in the Promotion marketing). If this is the case, you will not be able to use the Promotion Code or obtain the Discount if you already have an Uber Eats account.
10. The Promotion Code is redeemable for the Discount to be used toward the total cost of your order(s). The number of orders the Promotion Code can be redeemed against will be specified in the Promotion marketing.
11. The nature of the Discount will be specified in the Promotion marketing. This may be (for example) a specified amount off an order (e.g., up to £5 or up to £10), a specified percentage off an order (e.g., 10%, 20%) or a Buy One Get One Free offer:
a. If the Discount is a specified amount off an order (or orders): if your order(s) cost less than the Discount, the remaining amount cannot be rolled over. If your order(s) cost more than the Discount, you will be liable for the full remaining balance of the order, which shall be charged to the payment method attached to your Uber Eats account.
b. If the Discount is a specified percentage of an order: You will have access to the Discount, subject to any maximum order value or maximum Discount amount specified in the Promotion marketing;
c. If the Discount is a Buy One Get One Free: the Promotion marketing will specify any restrictions as to which items and/or restaurants the Buy One Get One Free will apply to.
12. You may only use each Promotion Code you receive once, but the Promotion Code may be redeemable for multiple orders (for example, the Promotion marketing may specify that the Promotion will allow you to “Get 10% off your next 3 orders”).
13. A Promotion Code cannot be transferred, duplicated or sold and there is no cash value.
14. Promotions are subject to availability. Successful redemption of a Promotion or Promotion Code is subject to the availability of Uber Eats delivery partners, restaurants and relevant menu items. This means that you will not be able to participate in a Promotion or redeem any Promotion Code if Uber Eats delivery partners, restaurants or menu items are not available.
15. A Promotion Code is not cumulative and cannot be used in conjunction with other promotion codes, except for in some cases Promotion Codes may be used in conjunction with Uber One discounts. If this is the case, the Uber One discount and the Promotion Code will both appear as deductions on the checkout page in the Uber Eats App.
16. You are responsible to review at checkout that the correct Promotion Code is applied to your order.
17. We do not assume any responsibility for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Promotion.
18. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and we will not enter into correspondence with you (or your representatives) about it.
19. Third party terms and conditions may apply to any part of the Promotion (if applicable).
20. You are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these Terms and Conditions by participating in the Promotion. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate your participation in the Promotion if you are in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
21. Insofar as is permitted by law, we will not (and nor will our agents or distributors), in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you, accept any liability to you (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Promotion whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not we (or our affiliates) have been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage, personal injury or death. Your statutory rights are not affected. Any liability of ours arising in connection with the Promotion shall be several and we accept no joint and several liability in connection with the Promotion.
22. We reserve the right to modify and amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time during the Promotion.
23. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or part thereof. In the event that any provision, or part thereof, of these Terms and Conditions is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions, or parts thereof, will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Terms and Conditions.
24. Our failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision of these Terms and Conditions.
25. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the Promotion marketing and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in our sole and absolute discretion.
26. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and we agree with you that we shall each submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
27. If you need help with any Promotion, contact our support team via the in app Help service.