Uber Rider Promotions: Terms and Conditions
READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE PARTICIPATING. YOU WILL BE DEEMED TO HAVE ACCEPTED THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREED TO BE BOUND BY THEM WHEN PARTICIPATING IN THIS PROMOTION. AMONG OTHER THINGS, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS INCLUDE LIMITATIONS OF YOUR RIGHTS AND REMEDIES.
Uber London Limited (company registration number: 08014782), of Aldgate Tower – First Floor, 2 Leman Street, London, E1 8FA is the promoter of this Promotion. When we use the term “we” or “our” in these terms and conditions, we are referring to Uber London Limited. When we use the term “you” in these terms and conditions, we are referring to you, the participant in the promotion.
1. These terms and conditions apply to all Uber Rides promotions publicised in the United Kingdom (each a “Promotion”), unless otherwise specified in the Promotion marketing. Please note that these terms and conditions do not apply to any Uber Eats promotions.
2. The Promotion is open to you if you:
a. are aged 18 years or over;
b. have an Uber account;
c. are compliant with the Uber User Terms; and
d. you are in a location in the United Kingdom where Uber is available.
3. The Promotion is not open to you if:
a. you are employed by us; or
b. you have a family member that is employed by us; or
c. you are an agent or third party directly associated with the administration of the Promotion.
4. In order to verify your eligibility for the Promotion, we might require that you provide us with proof of your age, identity and/or residency.
6. The Promotion will be available for the period of time or the number of rides specified in the Promotion marketing. If no period of time or number of rides is specified in the Promotion marketing, the Promotion will be available for a limited time only at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Promotion.
7. If you have a discount code (a “Discount Code”), in order to redeem it you must either:
a. have a smartphone with an internet connection and GPS capability and you must have downloaded the Uber app; or
b. have an active internet connection and register at: https://get.uber.com/sign-up/.
8. The Promotion marketing may specify that the Discount Code may only be redeemed by new users of the Uber app on their first one or more rides (as specified in the Promotion marketing). If this is the case, you will not be able to use the Discount Code or obtain the Discount if you already have an Uber account.
9. The Discount Code is redeemable for the Discount to be used toward the total cost of your ride(s). The number of rides the Discount Code can be redeemed against will be specified in the Promotion marketing.
10. The nature of the Discount will be specified in the Promotion marketing. This may be (for example) a specified amount off a ride (e.g., up to £5 or up to £10) or a specified percentage off a ride (e.g., 10%, 20%):
a. If the Discount is a specified amount off a ride (or rides): if your ride(s) cost less than the Discount, the remaining amount cannot be rolled over. If your ride(s) cost more than the Discount, you will be liable for the full remaining balance of the ride, which shall be charged to the payment method attached to your Uber account;
b. If the Discount is a specified percentage of a ride (or rides): You will have access to the Discount, subject to any maximum ride value or maximum Discount amount specified in the Promotion marketing.
11. You may only use each Discount Code you receive once, but the Discount Code may be redeemable for multiple rides (for example, the Promotion marketing may specify that the Promotion will allow you to “Get 10% off your next 3 rides”).
12. Promotions are subject to availability. Successful redemption of a Promotion or Discount Code is subject to the availability of drivers. This means that you will not be able to participate in a Promotion or redeem a Discount Code if there are no drivers available.
13. A Discount Code is not cumulative and cannot be used in conjunction with other discount codes, except for in some cases Discount Codes may be used in conjunction with Uber One benefits. If this is the case, the Uber One discount and the Discount Code will both appear as deductions when you request your ride in the Uber App. You are responsible for reviewing that the correct Discount Code is applied to your ride request.
14. When using the ‘Split Fare’ feature, the Discount will be taken from the Uber user account from which the ride request was made.
15. We do not assume any responsibility for any typographical or other error in the administration of the Promotion.
16. Our decision regarding any aspect of the Promotion is final and binding and we will not enter into correspondence with you (or your representatives) about it.
17. Third party terms and conditions may apply to any part of the Promotion (if applicable).
18. You are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions by participating in the Promotion. We reserve the right to refuse or terminate your participation in the Promotion if you are in breach of these terms and conditions.
19. Insofar as is permitted by law, we will not (and nor will our agents or distributors), in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate you, accept any liability to you (whether direct, indirect, special, incidental, exemplary, punitive or consequential) for any loss, damage, personal injury or death arising out of or in connection with your participation in the Promotion whether such liability arises from any claim based upon contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, and whether or not we (or our affiliates) have been advised of the possibility of such loss, damage, personal injury or death. Your statutory rights are not affected. Any liability of ours arising in connection with the Promotion shall be several and we accept no joint and several liability in connection with the Promotion.
20. We reserve the right to modify and amend these terms and conditions from time to time during the Promotion.
21. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, or part thereof, of these terms and conditions will not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision or part thereof. In the event that any provision, or part thereof, of these terms and conditions is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions, or parts thereof, will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these terms and conditions.
22. Our failure to enforce any term of these terms and conditions will not constitute a waiver of that term or any other provision of these terms and conditions.
23. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the Promotion marketing and these terms and conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail, govern and control and the discrepancy will be resolved in our sole and absolute discretion.
24. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and we agree with you that we shall each submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
25. If you need help with any Promotion, contact our support team via the in app Help service.