Due to the overwhelming demand this year, the gifted meals on the NHS Christmas promo have all been claimed.
To help keep the NHS and HSC on the move this Christmas in the UK, we’re committing to giving healthcare workers two Uber rides worth up to £10 which will be available to staff with a valid NHS or HSC email address between 24-25 December 2021.
We’re also giving away a food delivery of up to £10 through Uber Eats, in which NHS and HSC staff choose to order a hot meal from a local restaurant, or everyday essentials from a nearby shop, all delivered to their home or even the ward.
If you are a member of NHS or HSC staff, please see below for details on how you can get your rides and meals this Christmas.
Know someone who works for the NHS? We think they deserve a treat! Spread the festive cheer by sharing this page with friends & family.
From the whole Uber community, a million thanks for all that you do and Happy Christmas.
Your Promo Codes
This promotion closed on 23:59pm on 25th December 2021.
How to claim your free rides
First, you’ll need an Uber account linked to your NHS or HSC email address. To change the email address associated with your Uber account:
- Tap on the menu on the top left of the Uber app
- Tap on your profile picture
- You can now view and edit your email address
You will be sent a verification email – please click the link in that email to validate your email address.
If you don’t currently have an Uber account, you can sign up here. Make sure to sign up using your NHS or HSC email address. You must update your email address by the 20 December 2021 in order to receive a promotion code.
On the 22 December 2021, you’ll be emailed a promo code which you’ll need to add to your Uber account in order to claim the offer. After applying the code, the promotion will be automatically included in the upfront price you see when requesting a trip.
The offer will be valid for up to two £10 free rides per NHS or HSC staff member and can be redeemed on the 24th or 25th of December.
To claim your free meal
You’ll need an Uber Eats account linked to your NHS or HSC email address by the 20 December 2021. To change the email address associated with your Uber Eats account:
- Tap ‘Account’
- Tap ‘View account’
- Tap ‘Edit account’
- You can now view and edit your email address
Once updated, you will be sent a verification email – please click the link in that email to validate your email address.
You must update your email address by 20 December 2021 in order to receive a promotion code. On 22 December 2021, you’ll be emailed a promo code which you’ll need to add to your Uber Eats account in order to claim the offer.
The offer will be valid for one £10 free meal per NHS or HSC staff member and can be redeemed on the 24th or 25th December.
Tips for safe riding
We are especially thankful to drivers whose efforts are critical to supporting key healthcare staff during this challenging time. We ask that you please keep your driver’s wellbeing in mind by:
- Wearing a face covering or mask, unless exempt
- Washing your hands (or using hand sanitiser) before entering the vehicle
- Giving your driver space by sitting in the back seat on the left hand side of the vehicle
- Covering your mouth or nose if you cough or sneeze (please take any used tissues with you)
- Consider opening the window to improve ventilation
Drivers have been given the same steps to ensure rides with Uber are as safe as possible.
Things to know
- To make sure the rides and Uber Eats meals go as far as possible, you’ll be able to claim up to 2 rides and 1 meal between 24 December and 25 December 2020.
- Uber will pay the trip fare up to £10. If you go over, you will be charged the difference. The discount will be visible in the upfront price shown.
- The Uber rides promo needs to be redeemed on two different trips. You will not be able to combine the worth of the two promos on one trip.
- The promotion code needs to be added to your Uber account before requesting. If not done, the promotion will not apply.
- The promotion will not apply to cancelled trips or trips taken using the business profiles.
- Uber Eats will pay for your meal up to £10. If you go over, you will be charged the difference.
- Promo codes will be shared in advance of the promotional window.
- The promo codes will cease working at 23.59 on 25 December 2021.
- Terms and conditions can be found here.
- Why is Uber doing this?
- Where is the offer available?
- Has Uber ever done this before?
- By when do I need to change my email address?
- How old do I have to be to sign up?
- Do I need to have an Uber account?
- What email can I use?
- How much credit am I entitled to?
- What if I spend more than £10.00 on my journey to work?
- Where is my promotion code?
- Do I have to take my ride on a certain day?
- Can I use both Rides and Eats promotions?
- Why can’t I update my email address?
- Do I have to enter 2 different codes for 2 x Uber rides?
- Can I use the Uber rides with any other promotions?
- What if I need further support?
- Are any trips not included?
- How do driver earnings work on Uber NHS Free Rides?
- Is it safe for me to take a trip using Uber during the COVID-19 crisis?
- How do I add a promotion code to my Uber account?
- How do I add a promotion code to my UberEats account?