December is in full swing, and by far Uber’s busiest week of the year, what with all the Christmas shoppers and party-goers out and about. To mark the occasion, we’re launching our first ever festive Tip Matching!
How does it work?
From Monday, 9th December to Sunday, 15th December 2019, whenever you tip the driver for outstanding service – be it great chat, or extra help with your luggage – we’ll match it.
That means that if you give the driver or courier £5, we’ll also give them £5, making their total take-home tip for that journey £10, showing them just how much everyone appreciates all their hard work throughout the year.
From loading up their car with more presents than Santa’s sleigh, to getting the office party started whilst en route to the venue, December is a busy – sometimes noisy – month for the licensed drivers who use the Uber app.
Terms and Conditions
- Uber will match in-app tips given to a driver or courier in the United Kingdom between 00:00 Monday, 9th December until 23:59 Sunday, 15th December 2019.
- This promotion is valid on Pool, UberX, Assist, Access, UberXL, Lux, Exec and Uber Eats.
- Uber will match individual tips up to a maximum of £10.
- A rider or eater can tip the same driver or courier multiple times during the promotion but Uber and Uber Eats will only match the first tip (up to £10) for the same driver or courier.
- We will match tips up to £1,000,000 on Rides and £200,000 on Uber Eats. Any tips received over this threshold will not be matched.
- We reserve the right to withhold or deduct payments that we determine or believe were in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of driver & courier terms.
- Eligible trips or deliveries must be completed between Monday, 9th December until Sunday, 15th December and begin within locations in the United Kingdom.
- The promotion is subject to availability and compliance with the Uber Community Guidelines and the specific Uber Eats Community Guidelines.