Your account security is important to us
That’s why we want to share some tips with you on how you can protect your account against potential scams. Phishing is an attempt to trick you into giving up your Uber account information (email, phone number, verification code or password). Phishing attempts are often made using an unsolicited email or SMS that contains a link or attachment that goes to a fake login page. Uber employees will never contact you via email or phone requesting your account information, including your password or email address. Here are some security tips to follow in order to keep your account safe:
- If you are prompted to enter your Uber account email or password, make sure the URL in the address bar of your browser displays https://www.uber.com or t.uber.com. If you receive a message claiming to be from Uber, asking you to go to an external link that isn’t from https://www.uber.com, don’t click the link and don’t respond with any information.
- Messages or offers from Uber will only be sent through the Uber app, an SMS message with Uber as the sender, or an email with the address “@uber.com”.
- Don’t share your phone number with any driver before or on a trip. All contact should be done through the Uber App where your phone number stays anonymous.
- Don’t share your password, verification code, or personal account information with anyone. Uber will never ask you for this information.
- On social media, Uber Egypt only has one page on facebook under the name of @UberMENA1, one account on twitter with the name of @Uber_Egypt, and one Global page on instagram under the name of @Uber. Before interacting with any of these social media accounts, don’t forget to make sure that the FB & Instagram accounts are verified by checking the blue check.
- The 4 digits authentication code is used to login to your account. Do not share this code with anyone.
- If you notice any suspicious activity on your account, please report to http://t.uber.com/rides-account-security
We take these reports seriously, so please inform us of any instances by contacting support whenever you receive suspicious messages.