MSP Airport permits
Instructions for drivers
Starting on January 1, 2018, MSP Airport will require all uberX, uberXL, and UberSELECT partners to obtain an airport-specific permit and vehicle decal to complete rider pickups at the airport.
MSP Airport permit
Steps to getting your permit
Before your visit
- Fill out the MSP Airport permit form by clicking here—you will need to have your SSN & vehicle VIN ready
- Ensure your driver’s license is current and all documents are up-to-date in your Uber account *Note: If anything is expired, you will see a red bar on the top of your driver app home page
- Remember all drivers will need to get permitted, even if they share a vehicle
What to expect at the airport
- Parking will be available at the permit office
- Verify and sign a copy of the form you submitted
- Open your Uber driver app and navigate to the documents tab to show your active documents
- Tap on Waybill and scroll down to show a copy of your current vehicle inspection
- Show your driver's license
- Pay MSP Airport a permit fee of $25 by debit or credit card (cash will not be accepted)
- Airport staff will verify your information and provide you a decal for each vehicle as well as a paper driver permit
What to do after your visit
- MSP Airport rules require you to display the vehicle decal on the top, middle of your windshield behind your rearview mirror
- Upload a photo of the paper driver permit in your Uber app for each vehicle under the document labeled “MSP Airport Permit”
- Uber will give you access to continue driving at MSP Airport on January 1, 2018 when permit regulation goes into effect
Please note these changes do not affect UberBLACK or UberSUV pickups.
Permit office hours
Standard office hours are Mon-Fri 8am - 4:30pm.
Navigating to the permit office
To get to the Landside Operations T2 Office at MSP Airport, please follow these directions:
- Enter from 34th Ave from 494 (the airport encourages using 34th Ave rather than Post Rd)
- When you turn onto 34th Ave, a cemetery will be on your right
- Continue until you reach E 70th St and turn left onto E 70th St
- Continue until Humphrey and turn left onto Humphrey
- Head straight until you see an entrance on the righthand side at the white sign labeled “Authorized Vehicles Only.” You will qualify as an authorized vehicle.
- If you have questions, you can call the office at 612-467-0809