There are two safety screenings that you must pass to start driving with Uber in Toronto: a Motor Vehicle Record Check and a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check.
Driver's License and Vehicle Inspection
You must upload a valid Driver's Licence and Vehicle Inspection to your driver profile before you can get started on your screenings.
Motor Vehicle Record and Criminal Record Check
Complete online or in-person
Online: Online: Once your Driver's Licence and Vehicle Inspection is uploaded, you'll receive an email with a link to complete your two screenings. Gather two pieces of ID to complete your screening online.
In-person: To complete your background screening at a Greenlight Hub, make sure to bring 2 pieces of ID with you.
These safety screenings need to be conducted annually. When your screening is about to expire, you'll be asked to complete a new MVR and Criminal Record Check.
- At least three years of driving history is required
- No more than three minors and no more than eight demerit points in the last three years
- No major violations in the last 3 years
- No suspensions other than those due to unpaid fines/medical reasons
Forms of identification
You'll need two pieces of ID to complete your safety screenings.
- Your current Ontario Driver's Licence
- One other piece of ID from the list below:
- Credit Card or Debit Card (must have your name on the front)
- Birth Certificate
- Health Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Government Employment Card
- Student card
- Indian Status Card
- Hospital Card
If you have questions about your safety screenings, visit us at a Greenlight Hub to get support. Remember to bring any necessary documents and forms with you.