All Greenlight Hubs will be temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience. You can get help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in the app. To get help, tap your profile picture in your Uber Driver app, select Help, then select where we can help.
There are two safety screenings that you must pass to start driving with Uber in Toronto: a Motor Vehicle Record Check and a Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check.
Driver's licence and Certificate of Registration
You must upload a valid Driver's Licence and Certificate of Registration to your driver profile before you can get started on your screenings.
Motor Vehicle Record and Criminal Record Check
Complete online or in-person
Online: Once your Driver's Licence and Vehicle Registration is uploaded, you'll receive an email with a link to complete your two screenings for free. Gather two pieces of ID to complete your screening online.
In-person: To complete your background screening at a Greenlight Hub, make sure to bring 2 pieces of ID with you.
These safety screenings need to be conducted annually. When your screening is about to expire, you'll be asked to complete a new MVR and Criminal Record Check.
- At least two years of driving history is required
- No more than 3 minors and no more than 8 demerit points in the last 3 years
- No major violations in the last 3 years
- No suspensions other than those due to unpaid fines/medical reasons
Forms of identification
You'll need two pieces of ID to complete your safety screenings.
- Your current Ontario Driver's Licence
- One other piece of ID from the list below:
- Credit Card or Debit Card (must have your name on the front)
- Birth Certificate
- Health Card
- Canadian Citizenship Card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Government Employment Card
- Student card
- Indian Status Card
- Hospital Card
If you have questions about your safety screenings, visit us at a Greenlight Hub to get support. Remember to bring any necessary documents and forms with you.