Make money driving folks around your city. Sign up now to get more information about driving in your city.
Most people can drive with Uber. The requirements vary by city but there are a few minimum requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid provincial driver's licence
- Use an eligible vehicle
Before hitting the road, share the documentation below:
- A valid Manitoba 1 to 5, 5F driver's licence or equivalent
- Proof of work eligibility
- Proof of vehicle registration
- Proof of vehicle inspection: Certificate of Inspection
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
There are three safety screenings that you must pass to start driving with Uber in Winnipeg:
- Driver’s Abstract
- Police Information Check with Vulnerable Sector Check
- Child Abuse Registry application
Documents to keep in your car
City bylaw regulators may request rides at any time to conduct vehicle and document inspections.
Be sure to keep the following documents in your vehicle when driving with Uber:
- Driver's licence
- Vehicle registration
- Proof of insurance
- Safety Standards Certificate (SSC)
Also, make sure to have any required Uber sticker(s) placed on your vehicle.
Why you'll love driving
1. Set your own schedule
You can drive with Uber anytime, day or night, 365 days a year. When you drive is always up to you, so it never gets in the way of the important things in your life.
2. Make more at every turn
Trip fares start with a base amount, then increase with time and distance. And when there are more people needing rides than normal, drivers make more.
3. Meet new people and learn about your city
You'll meet and have conversations with people from all walks of life. From long-time residents to first-time tourists, families, small business owners, and more.
You'll also become an expert on Winnipeg and discover new places to show your friends and family.
Local vehicle requirements
In addition to the minimum requirements above, each city has its own regulations for vehicles.
Support at every turn
We want every Uber trip to be hassle-free. So we’re here to help with whenever you need it.
The material provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.