To drive with Uber in Winnipeg, your vehicle must meet these minimum requirements:
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- Vehicle model year must be 10 years or newer
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial and/or Uber branding
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Pass a Certificate of Inspection by a licensed mechanic
Vehicle Registration and Insurance with Vehicle For Hire Coverage
Regulations require Drivers in Winnipeg to have Insurance with Passenger Vehicle for Hire coverage. To drive for Uber, your vehicle must have coverage in all 4 timebands.
In addition your insurance territory must be 1, 2, 3, 4 or territory 2 commute to territory 1.
Visit any MPI Service Centre to obtain the For Hire Vehicle coverage.
Most newer cars qualify to drive with uberX. It's one of the most popular options for riders.
- 4-door vehicle in good condition
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or commercially marked vehicles
View our list of popular models for uberX but others may qualify as well.