1. Sign up online
Tell us a little about yourself and your car by creating a driver profile.
2. Minimum vehicle requirements
Your vehicle must meet the requirements to drive with Uber in Regina.
- 4-door vehicle with independently opening doors
- Vehicle most year must be 10 years or newer
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial and/or Uber branding
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
- Pass a vehicle inspection
Note: Under local regulations for Regina, all driver-partners must display an Uber decal on their vehicle while online.
3. Share your documents
Take photos of the following documents and upload them to your account:
- Drivers licence: 21+ years old, Class 5 or equivalent. Class 5 Novice 1 or 2 and Class 7 are not accepted.
- Certificate of Registration: Only LV Class certificates are accepted. Your vehicle model year must be 10 years or newer, be registered in Saskatchewan, and insurance must list your name
- Proof of work eligibility: Birth certificate, Citizenship card, Passport residency card, or Work permit
4. Safety screenings
- Background Screening: Once you've uploaded valid photos of your driver's licence and certificate of registration to your driver profile, you will receive an email from us to start your free safety screenings. These safety screenings will review your driving history and criminal records.
- Police certificate of approval: To obtain a certificate of approval from Regina Police Service you must first complete a Criminal Records Check with Vulnerable Sector (VS) via their online records check portal or by visiting their office at 1717 Osler St, Regina, SK. Due to health and safety measures around COVID-19, online criminal record checks are encouraged. When completing your records check you must indicate “Rideshare” as the purpose and list “Uber Canada” as the requesting agency. If requirements are met, the Regina Police Traffic Safety Unit will issue a certificate of approval.
5. Vehicle inspection
To be eligible to drive with Uber, your vehicle must pass a Light Vehicle Inspection by an approved mechanic. Upon passing, you’ll receive a Mechanical Safety Inspection Certificate with a Light Vehicle Inspection.
Once you receive your certificate, upload the certificate to your Uber account.
Why you'll love driving
1. Set your own schedule
You can drive with Uber anytime, day or night, 365 days a year. When you drive is always up to you, so it never gets in the way of the important things in your life.
2. Make more at every turn
Trip fares start with a base amount, then increase with time and distance. And when there are more people needing rides than normal, drivers make more.
3. Meet new people and learn about your city
You'll meet and have conversations with people from all walks of life. From long-time residents to first-time tourists, families, small business owners, and more.
You'll also become an expert on Regina and discover new places to show your friends and family.