Everyone knows that getting to the airport can be a stressful experience, even if you’re flying out of the Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE). All of the last-minute travel details and rushed packing can leave your head spinning, but one way to take a little off your plate is to take an uberX or uberXL to the airport. Why bother with expensive long term parking or having to get a rental car when Uber in Columbia is just a few taps away?
Here are a few other helpful tips for your upcoming trip out of CAE:
Resources for Columbia Metropolitan Airport
- Uber Airport Pages: For all of the information you’ll need on requesting a ride, head over to the Uber airport page for CAE. Once you’ve picked up your bags, select your vehicle type and then select the baggage claim option when asked to do so by the app. Head outside and your Uber will meet you curbside at the arrivals pickup area. Don’t hesitate to call and coordinate.
- Terminal Map: While CAE is a single concourse airport, it’s still a good idea to get acquainted with a map of the terminals. Plus if you happen to be running late and need to eat, you can see all of your dining options on the map as well.
- TSA Guidelines: You never want to find yourself held up at security because you mistakenly tried to bring a banned substance on your flight. Make sure you get caught up on all of the latest TSA Guidelines before getting to the airport.
- Traffic Report: The latest traffic conditions on the road can be found here. You can also check out Google Maps to find alternate routes, should there be congestion around the airport.
- Flight Status: It never hurts to re-confirm your flight schedule, especially if your departing flight is running late.
- Airport News: For all of the latest news and construction updates out of CAE, you can follow them on Twitter.
Where to Visit in Columbia, South Carolina
There’s plenty for people to do in Columbia. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a local just getting back into town, here are some local suggestions to do in Soda Town:
- Motor Supply Company Bistro: Long one of South Carolina’s best restaurants and housed in a renovated engine supply company, Motor Supply Company Bistro has been serving up locally-sourced chef-driven food since 1989. While it’s difficult to recommend one thing as the menu changes almost daily, be adventurous and just let the chef and staff do the work for you. You’re sure to have an unforgettable meal.
- Dreher Island: If you’re looking to get outdoors for some fishing or hiking, then take a trip to Dreher Island. Just 30 miles outside of Columbia, Dreher Island sits on Lake Murray and offers plenty of recreational activities for the whole family. And while you’re there, stay over. They have lakeside villas available, perfect for an overnight fish fry once you’ve wrangled that largemouth bass out of the lake.
- Copper Horse Distilling: Copper Horse Distilling is a micro-distillery that produces small batch spirits. While the bourbon is still aging, you can still try their amazing cream whiskey or the Copper Horse Hot, a vodka made with Ghost Peppers and Carolina Reapers. Best of all, you can schedule a free tour at the distillery and even try some of their meticulously-crafted spirits afterwards at a tasting.