Kentucky regulations require all rideshare drivers to take a driver safety training course each year. This 2-hour course can be completed online at any time, and will center around collision prevention and safe driving habits.
Due to this regulation, starting June 25, 2019, you won’t be eligible to receive trip requests in Kentucky using the Uber app until you upload a certificate to your account for passing the defensive driving course.
How to take the Kentucky defensive driving course
- Visit the Online Training Center and click ‘New Partners’ to get started
- Complete the checkout process (the course has a $15 fee), and make sure to enter the email address and phone number associated with your Uber account
- On the order confirmation page, verify that the user name matches your official name listed on your license
- After you complete your purchase, either start your training immediately, or copy the web address in the confirmation screen to complete later
You can access course at a later date by signing in to driver portal and clicking “My Courses” and selecting the most recent NSC Defensive Driving Course link for completion
- After you complete the training with a passing score, download the certificate to your computer and upload to your Uber account. You can also view the certificate page by clicking “Certificate” link on the left hand side of your ribbon, and clicking on “Click here for printable completion confirmation!” link on the right side of the page.