Looking to escape the blazing central Florida heat for a weekend, but want to avoid the airport at all costs? Set your destination to Tampa Bay. The city’s new riverwalk and Bayshore Boulevard offer ample coastline to enjoy ocean breezes. Around 90 minutes away from Orlando (without traffic)– Tampa, Clearwater and St. Petersburg make for the perfect, local getaway that won’t break the bank.
Really want to summer like a pro? Take advantage of our favorite app features that help make for a smoother trip.
- Split your fare: share your ride, and the cost, with friends.
- Upfront fare: before you confirm your request, you’ll always see the price beforehand.
- Connect with your driver: call your driver ahead of time to make sure they are ready for the trip
- Share your trip status: let your crew in Orlando know you’re on your way and when to expect you by sharing your trip status.
Where to set your destination
To make the planning easier, check out Tampa Bay locals’ favorite spots to check out on the weekends:
- MacDinton’s Irish Pub
- Soho Saloon
- Jackson’s Bistro
- The Franklin Manor
- Frank and Carol Morsani Hall
- The Vinoy
- Curtiz Hixon Waterpark
- Busch Gardens
Where to fuel up for an epic day
For the love of food, don’t get hangry on the other side of the state. With Uber Eats, Tampa Bay’s top restaurants are just a tap away.
- Ciccio Water
- Hao Wah
- La Teresita
- Miguels Mexican Seafood & Grill
- Origami Sushi Tampa
- Better Byrd
- Datz Deli
- Glory Days Grill
- Hawkers Asian Street Fare