New cars hit the streets of Denver every day and for each of us that means more traffic and more pollution. That kind of congestion makes it harder to get around and the resulting pollution undermines everyone’s quality of life.
That’s why we launched our uberPOOL service in Denver earlier this year, and it’s why we’re so excited to expand the service area to include Glendale, Cherry Creek and the Denver Tech Center this week. With the expanded service area, Denver residents can now use uberPOOL as a commuting option between Downtown and the Tech Center.
uberPOOL enables people going to the same place at the same time to share the journey. It’s all about getting more butts into fewer cars. This means cheaper rides for passengers and less congestion over time.
- Select the uberX option in the app.
- Enter your pickup location and destination as well as how many seats you will need.
- Select “Share Your Car” and tap “Request POOL” – your fare will be guaranteed upfront!
- You’ll see your driver’s details – name, photo and the details of the car.
- uberPOOL will then match you with another passenger heading in the same direction.
- Whether you’re first or second into the car, you should never be taken more than a few minutes out of your way.
WHERE IS UBERPOOL AVAILABLE?
uberPOOL is available in downtown Denver through the Denver Tech Center, but we will likely be expanding our coverage area in the future.
uberPOOL’s Impact in Colorado
“Denver residents are shifting modes and mindsets when it comes to how they get around town and commute to work. People are looking for safe, reliable, and cost-effective mobility choices for their everyday needs, and Uber’s expansion of their uberPOOL service will offer just that. By sharing a ride, our residents can save money and save the environment while helping to reduce congestion on one of Denver’s busiest corridors.”
– Mayor Michael B. Hancock
“Every day I see the congestion going into and out of DTC, which is part of my district. What’s great about uberPOOL is that it helps alleviate the congestion because people are carpooling to and from work. That’s good for the workers and our environment.”
– State Representative Paul Rosenthal, District 9
“Congestion is an issue that’s a growing concern for Coloradans, and an issue that we need to find creative and innovative solutions to solve,” said Representative Dan Pabon. “I commend Uber for its expansion of its uberPOOL service to better serve commuters between downtown Denver and the Denver Tech Center. I’m excited about the prospect of using this technology to allow commuters going in the same direction to share their rides to and from the office in order to remove cars from the road and help improve the congestion issues facing our state.”
– State Representative Dan Pabon, District 4
Have more questions about uberPOOL? Visit our FAQ page.