Uber Chicago is on the hunt for the General Manager who will take us to the next level. This is your chance to run one of the biggest markets in one of the fastest growing companies around the world. Get your hands dirty with city strategy and planning while managing a high caliber team that is growing by the day. With a rockstar team by your side, the possibilities are endless.
Do you have what it takes?
The Uber Challenge:
Be the CEO of your own startup, Uber Chicago
Scale your team… even faster than eBay did
Make a difference: we’re changing the way the world moves
Invest in your future… Uber Managers are granted bad ass equity 😉
Not the job for you, but know someone that would be a perfect fit? Let them know Uber is hiring, and maybe they’ll share their perks with you!
|TELL YOUR FRIENDS|
Meet other world-class Uber General Managers:
Meet Allen Penn:
- Education: Miami University, 2006
- Work History: Private Equity Portfolio Analyst at GTCR // Strategy and Business Analytics Consultant at PwC
- Currently: Head of Asia Operations, formerly Chicago GM
- Favorite Project: Launching TAXI, Uber’s first ever low cost product, in Chicago as GM. My team and I built out an entirely new industry and product for Uber, and it was amazing to work with the entire organization to make it happen!
- Fun Fact: I’ve run 7 marathons, 6 finishes (Buy me a beer and I’ll tell you about what happened on ‘that 1’).
Meet Meghan Joyce:
- Education: Harvard College, 2006 A.B. // Harvard Business School, 2013 MBA
- Work History: Associate Consultant at Bain & Company // Associate at Bain Capital North American Private Equity // Senior Policy Advisor at the U.S. Treasury
- Currently: Boston/Providence GM
- Favorite Project: I have a few to say the least! Some of them include launching uberX in Boston, saving Uber in Rhode Island, and running the uberXtraCredit college marketing campaign.
- Fun Fact: I have a yellow lab, Teddy Ballgame, named after Red Sox legend Ted Williams.
Meet Andrew Macdonald:
- Education: Western University, Ivey School of Business, Honors Business Administration, 2007
- Work History: Managing Director and Consultant at Red JEM Holdings Corp. COO at ShopMyClothes // Associate Consultant at Bain & Company
- Currently: Midwest Regional General Manager, formerly Chicago GM
- Favorite Project: Building uberX in Chicago, followed closely by uberTAXI launch in Toronto, Uber’s 2nd low-cost market ever.
- Fun Fact: My summers in University were spent building pick-up trucks at a General Motors factory. 438 trucks per 8-hour shift. There was about 20-30 seconds of downtime in between each truck rolling by, in which I’d quickly read a sentence or two from whatever book I had going. I used to get through a few books a week.
Meet Rachel Holt:
- Education: Amherst College, 2005 BA // Stanford Graduate School of Business, 2010 MBA
- Work History: Associate Consultant and Senior Consultant at Bain & Company // 6-month externship at MLB Advanced Media // Associate Marketing Manager at Clorox
- Currently: East Coast Regional General Manager, formerly DC GM
- Favorite Project: Launching DC – we started with a team of three, with no partners and only a handful of riders in the city who even knew what Uber was. Really quickly we were able to develop a real and fast growing business. It was amazing to build something from scratch and watch Uber spread through the city like wildfire.
- Fun Fact: I’ve taken nearly 1000 Uber rides over the past 3 years!
Meet Josh Mohrer:
- Education: Columbia University BA in Mathematics, 2004 BA // New York University School of Business, 2013 MBA
- Work History: Head of Marketing and Business Developer at Lot18 & Covestor // Director of Retail for CollegeHumor.com
- Currently: NYC GM
- Fun Fact: I can solve a Rubik’s cube in 90 seconds. Try me!