Port Elizabeth Airport
PLZ regulations for Uber partners
Per PLZ regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations.
- All ride dropoffs and pickups must occur on the departures level
- The PLZ airport is private property thus all MUST be on their best behaviour.
- Any littering, loud music noise, and misbehaviour will not be tolerated and result in you not being able to do any pickups from the Airport and ACSA banning you and your vehicle from the premises.
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at PLZ, you need to enter the dedicated waiting area, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Position yourself in the dedicated areas described below
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pickup your rider at PLZ
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location
How drop-off requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At PLZ, simply drop-off riders at their requested terminal.
Remember to complete the drop off, and then leave the airport property.
Uber waiting lot at PLZ
Uber partners may wait for ride requests at the designated waiting lot only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot (and may be issued a citation).
If you are anywhere within the purple zone, you will be able to receive requests.
Keep in mind that:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the waiting line, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- If you leave the waiting lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation
Suggested waiting area at PLZ
Remember, you will not receive any requests if you wait at the airport.
Suggested waiting areas for airport trips:
Waiting area 1: Next to the Airport ENGEN garage
Waiting area 2: Grass Area near the 2nd airport circle
You will not receive any requests for the airport in the area indicated in red.
Waiting in the red area might lead to citations.