Greenlight Hub Closure on 4 August, 2017. Please reach out to us at help.uber.com for any assistance.
Lanseria International (HLA) Airport
HLA regulations for Uber partners
Per HLA regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Sorry, but Uber will not pay for citations.
- Meet the rider at the recommended meeting point
- Avoid any inappropriate behaviour at the airport or anywhere in the city while online.
- No parking is allowed on Ashenti and Airport Road.
- Vehicles should not group as police will enforce you to disburse.
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at HLA, you need to enter the dedicated staging lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- When you enter a queuing area, you are automatically placed into a virtual queue on a “first come, first out” basis
- Maps show areas you can wait to be placed in the airport queues
- If you are within the areas indicated, you will receive requests, if are outside this you won’t
- If you leave and re-enter the dispatch zone, you will be placed at the back of the queue
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pickup your rider at the recommended meeting point.
- Remember, you don't need to contact your rider to confirm their end destination as this is already entered in-app
How drop-off requests work
Uber is a smart option for travellers heading to their airport. At HLA, simply drop-off riders at their requested terminal.
New Features at HLA for easier Pick ups
Re-Match allows all partners, including uberVAN and UberBLACK, who just completed an airport dropoff will temporarily be able to receive a pickup request without having to go to the airport waiting area.
To qualify for Re-Match, partners must complete a dropoff at the airport and do a loop on the airport road. If don’t receive a request, you will get an SMS telling you to go to the waiting area to receive a pickup request.
Note: If you hang around at the terminal you will not be eligible and will have to return to the airport waiting area or town.
To access this area, please stay in the right lane when entering the airport.
Frequently Asked questions
Can I just drive to the terminal to qualify for Re-Match?
No. Partners will only be eligible for Re-Match after completing a dropoff at the airport.
Does Re-Match increase my wait time in the Waiting Area?
No. Re-Match reduces the number of cars in the waiting area which generally keeps the wait times even.
Uber waiting area at HLA
Uber partners may wait for ride requests inside the purple indicated zone. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot.
We recommend waiting anywhere on the R512, the Lanseria Centre (Cnr Ashenti and R512) or on roads off the R512.
Keep in mind that:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in line for the next trip request
- If you do not receive a trip request in 30 minutes, we recommend to rather leave the airport area
- If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation
Designated pickup area at AIRPORT_CODE
Uber users at AIRPORT_NAME airport who request rides will be instructed to meet you at 2E—a designated pickup area labeled “Smartphone App Rides” and located just outside of both terminals.
To access this area, please stay in the left lane when entering the airport arrivals area. Be sure to enter the area for the second curb and follow signage for smartphone app drivers.
For more information, read more about [Oakland International Airport].
This airport charges a $3.15 fee for all TNC pickups and drop-offs. This fee is in addition to the $1.55 booking fee and is charged directly to the rider. Uber coordinates repayment of this fee directly to the airport.
To learn more about these fees and regulations, please reference Port Ordinance 4255 as adopted by the Board of Port Commissioners.
Commercial drivers using UberBLACK and UberSUV maintain their own airport permits. Because of this, there is no surcharge added to these premium trips.
¹ This is a placeholder for legal disclaimers if you need to utilize it