The Uber Greenlight Spot at Buffalo, NY is closing permanently. The last full day of operations will be on Friday, September 13th.
Niagara Falls International Airport (IAG)
IAG regulations for Uber partners
Per IAG regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a citation. Drivers are responsible for following these rules. Uber will not pay for citations.
- All ride pickups must occur in the designated TNC arrivals pickup lane
- The Uber trade dress must always be displayed in your windshield
- When on airport property, the Uber Driver App must be open at all times. Please do not log off until you exit the airport.
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “Info” button in your app.
- Trade dress
- In-app electronic waybill
Request new documents
Uber Greenlight Hubs issue all new partners an Uber trade dress. If you need a replacement, contact your local Uber Greenlight Hub.
To receive a trip request at IAG, you must be in the dedicated staging lot (the Cell Phone Waiting Lot), where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- Drive into the Cell Phone Waiting Lot. Once you're there, you’ll be placed in a virtual queue for the next pickup. Pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis. Your vehicle's location within the waiting lot does not affect your position in the virtual queue. You will see your position in the queue in your Uber Driver app.
- When you are at the top of the queue, you will receive the next airport trip request. If you fail to accept a trip, cancel a trip, or go offline, you'll be placed at the end of the virtual queue.
- When you receive the request, accept the trip, exit the Cell Phone Lot, and follow signs to the the TNC Arrivals Pickup Spots in front of the Arrivals terminal (near the crosswalk to the Arrivals parking lot).
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location and to inform them that pickups must be made in the TNC Arrivals Pickup Spots.
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to the airport. At IAG, you can simply drop off riders at their requested terminal at the Departures area. It's important to keep the Uber Driver App on until you exit airport property.
Uber staging lot at IAG
Uber partners must wait for pickup requests in the airport's Cell Phone Lot. If you are outside of this lot, you will not receive an airport request (and you may be issued a citation).
Enter the lot on Williams Road, just south of the Departures terminal and the dDepartures terminal parking lot. Keep in mind that:
- The lot is "first in, first out"; upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in a virtual queue for the next trip request
- If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation
Designated pickup area at IAG
Riders at IAG will be instructed to meet you at the designated Ride Sharing Pickup Spots. They are located before the Arrivals terminal (near the crosswalk to Parking Lot 2) and are marked with green signs like the pictured here. Follow the green Ride Sharing signs to the Ride Sharing pickup area.
To access this area, please stay in the right lane when entering the airport's Arrivals area. Be sure to park only where you see signage for the Ride Sharing Pickup Spots.