Information for drivers
For driving at MRY, learn how to receive airport trip requests and get in on the action.
Airport regulations for drivers
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that riders and drivers expect. Please remember that drivers who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect drivers to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield and rear passenger windshield facing outward. Drivers can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
- It is illegal under state and federal law for anyone, including rideshare drivers, to engage in price fixing. This includes agreeing or coordinating with other drivers (in airport staging lots or elsewhere) on pricing and surge pricing. The law requires that drivers must make decisions about pricing and surge pricing on their own.
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport.
Based on feedback from the airport, please be mindful of:
- Waiting in the areas in and around airport grounds, but avoid loitering at the terminal curb
- Respecting the waiting areas of taxi or shuttle operators
- Meeting your rider in their selected pickup location
- Understanding that if the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider using the Driver app to confirm their exact location
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to their airport.
At the airport, riders can be dropped off at the departures drive.
Upon dropoff of a passenger, drivers should immediately exit airport property, unless they have an existing waybill for another passenger pickup.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule
Checking the arrivals schedule at Monterey Regional Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See MRY arrivals schedule.
5. Making music optional
While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early-morning or late-night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience.