The Uber Greenlight Spot at Buffalo, NY is closing permanently. The last full day of operations will be on Friday, September 13th.
Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR)
SYR Regulations for driver-partners
Per SYR regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “Info” button in your app.
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
At SYR, Uber partners are not permitted to wait for trip requests in the Rideshare Pickup Area for trip requests, and you will not receive trip requests if you are inside the Rideshare Pickup Area.
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, the pickup location at SYR is located at Rideshare Pickup Area, located to the Northwest of Terminal and can be accessed via Constellation Way N. (see map below).
Dropoffs at SYR
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with SYR, riders can be dropped off at the Terminal door of their choosing. If you would like to receive a trip request after dropping a rider off, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on.
SYR Airport Map
Uber users at SYR airport who request rides will be instructed to meet you at the Rideshare Pickup Area, which is located to the Northwest of the Terminal.
1) Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
2) Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
3) Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
4) Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
5) Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
6) Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!