Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD)
Information for Driver-Partners
Riders at FSD can request Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
- While on airport property, the Uber sticker (trade dress) must always be displayed on the vehicle’s windshield. Driver-partners can either print their Uber sticker, here or fill out this form to have it mailed directly to them.
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
At FSD, Uber’s technology uses a driver queue zone. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, driver-partners need to enter a designated waiting lot, located within a driver queue zone. Driver-partners will then be placed in the virtual queue. The waiting lot is the cell phone lot located at the corner of N Jaycee Lane and N Minnesota Ave (see map below).
Some things to know about the driver queue zone:
- Proximity to the terminal within the driver queue zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
- If there are no driver-partners in the driver queue zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the queue zone - based on proximity and other factors.
You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the driver queue zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, FSD’s pickup location is located at the end of the median on N Jaycee Lane.
Based on feedback from FSD please be mindful of:
- Respecting the waiting areas of taxi or shuttle operators.
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider using the Uber driver app to confirm their exact location.
- Meeting your rider in the designated pickup location.
How drop-off requests work
At FSD, riders can be dropped off at the end of the median on N Jaycee Lane.
Uber waiting lot at FSD
The waiting lot is the cell phone lot located at the corner of N Jaycee Lane and N Minnesota Ave (see map).
Helpful tips for airport trips
1. Getting your car ready
Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage
It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders
Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule
Checking the arrivals schedule at can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional
While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!