Information for driver-partners
When driving at RNO, Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Airport regulations for driver-partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go offline until exiting the airport area)
- We’ve instituted a special first vehicle in is the first one out (FIFO) system at Reno-Tahoe International Airport. The FIFO system only works within the designated, geofenced area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app unless there are no drivers in the geofenced queue.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
- Soliciting new riders, distributing promotional materials, and entering businesses around the airport without consent are not allowed at RNO.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
- Taxi and emergency vehicle zones: Some zones at RNO are dedicated only to taxis or emergency vehicles. A pickup area is provided at RNO so driver-partners can avoid stopping in these areas against airport policy.
- Crosswalks and driving lanes: Blocking crosswalks and stopping/standing in the driving lane both lead to safety hazards for you and your riders. The safest way to stop and pick up your riders is to pull all the way up to the curb and find a clear space along the roadway shelters.
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
Uber’s technology uses a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area, located within a “FIFO zone”. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver-partner to enter will be the first to receive a trip request.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, the waiting area is located on Air Cargo Way off Vassar St (see map below). Please note that RNO does not provide a restroom at the staging lot.
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
- Proximity to the terminal within the FIFO zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
- If there are no driver-partners in the FIFO zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the FIFO zone - based on proximity and other factors.
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the FIFO zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, the pickup location at the airport is located at the North Exit off Radar Way (see map below).
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at their requested terminal on the departures level. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterwards, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
Uber staging lot at RNO
Uber partners may wait for ride requests at the designated staging lot only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot (and may be issued a citation).
When you drive into the airport zone, which is located on Air Cargo Way off of Vassar St, you will automatically be placed in line for an airport request.
The line is first in first out (FIFO). This means the person who has been waiting in the zone the longest will receive the next pick-up request. Unlike regular requests, a request will go to the first partner in line, not the partner located closest to the request. As such, where you are waiting inside the FIFO zone does NOT affect your place in line.
If you need to go offline or drive outside of the waiting zone for any reason, please be aware that you will lose your spot in line. To be fair to all driver-partners, if you come back online or drive back into the waiting zone after leaving, you will be placed at the back of the line.
If a rider cancels their trip, you will remain at the front of the line.
Helpful tips for airport trips
1. Getting your car ready
Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage
It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders
Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule
Checking the arrivals schedule at Reno-Tahoe International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See RNO ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional
While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!