Information for driver-partners
When driving at PNS, Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Airport regulations for Uber partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area)
- We’ve instituted a special first vehicle in is the first one out (FIFO) system at Pensacola International Airport. The FIFO system only works within the designated, geofenced area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal by mail by using this form.
How pickup requests work
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
Uber’s technology uses a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area, located within a “FIFO zone”. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver-partner to enter will be the first to receive a trip request.
All pickups occur in the outer lane outside of departures. Pickups may only occur in the "TNC Only" area. Any pickups that occur outside the designated area may result in a citation.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, the waiting area is off airport property.
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off curbside. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterward, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
Uber at PNS
Some things to know about the FIFO queue:
- Proximity to the terminal within the FIFO zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
- If there are no driver-partners in the FIFO zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the FIFO zone - based on proximity and other factors.
You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the FIFO zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
All pickups must occur in the designated "TNC Only" zone.
Helpful tips for airport trips
- Getting your car ready Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
- Helping with luggage It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
- Identifying your riders Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4.Checking the arrivals schedule Checking the arrivals schedule at Pensacola International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See PNS Arrivals schedule.
5.Making music optional While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!