Vehicle requirements in Tanzania
Which car is right for you? Make sure it meets the vehicle requirements in Tanzania, and remember that you’ll make more money if you keep your costs low.
Your vehicle must-haves
- Model year 2003 or newer
- Engize size less 1300cc
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- Commercially registered motor vehicle registration card
- Motor vehicle Insurance
- City Sticker (Stika ya Jiji (uber)
Vehicle options in Tanzania
Most newer cars qualify to drive with uberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders.
- 4-door sedan in good condition
- Seat at least 4 passengers in addition to the driver
- Working windows and air conditioning
- No full-sized vans or trucks
- No taxi cabs, government cars, or other marked vehicles
- No salvaged or rebuilt vehicles
Cars model year 2003 or newer qualify to drive with uberX and with an engine size of 1300cc. View our list of popular models, but others may qualify.
- Accepted vehicles
Get more from Uber
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.