Information about back-to-back trips
After a few trips with Uber, you may start getting new ride requests while you’re still on a trip. By accepting these back-to-back trips, you’ll spend more time earning and less time waiting.
In this video, you’ll learn about:
- How back-to-back trips can earn you more
- Using the map to see both your current dropoff and next pickup
- Stopping ride requests when done
Steps for completing a back-to-back trip
Here’s what to know when your app starts showing you back-to-back requests:
1. When a ride request appears and the details look good to you, tap to accept.
2. The dark blue line on the map shows where to go to drop off your current rider.
3. The light blue line shows how to get to your next rider.
How back-to-back trips can help you earn more
By accepting a future trip while on a current one, you’ll spend more of your time online making money rather than waiting for your next trip.
Questions from drivers
- What type of trips can be back-to-back trips?
Most types of trips can appear back to back, including UberX and more.
- How do I enable back-to-back trips?
There’s nothing you need to do to enable back-to-back trip requests. They’ll begin to appear automatically.
- When will I start getting back-to-back requests?
Most drivers begin seeing these trips in their app within a few days of driving.
- What does the next rider see on their app when I accept a back-to-back trip?
Your rider will get a message saying that their driver is completing a nearby trip. Everything else about the rider’s experience will look exactly like any other trip.
- How do I stop getting any trip requests?
Just tap Go Offline on the map when you don’t want to get trip requests anymore. To start receiving trip requests again, tap GO.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.