Tips from others for handling orders
Here are suggestions from delivery partners and details from Uber’s Community Guidelines about handling food properly.
Delivery partners suggest an insulated bag to promote food safety and proper handling of orders. Deliveries by bicycle may benefit from a more specialized bag to protect food from movement and weather conditions. But people delivering using the Uber Eats app are not required to use insulated delivery bags.
Restaurant delivery preferences
Restaurants may outline certain delivery preferences that promote food safety, adhere to regulatory guidance, or accommodate customer dietary restrictions. For example, a restaurant may note to keep halal and non-halal food separate.
Properly storing and transporting food
Transporting pizzas properly
Restaurant partners requesting pizza deliveries ask you to make sure pizzas arrive undamaged by:
- Transporting pizzas flat, never sideways
- Placing pizzas either inside an insulated bag or securely on a car seat
- Placing multiple boxes in the front zip of your bicycle bag
Delivering drinks securely
Top partners keep drinks level and upright by:
- Using an insulated bag
- Placing drinks in a cup tray or cup holder
- Securely placing drinks on a car seat
If the packaging provided isn’t working, let restaurants know in the app.
Keeping orders flawless
Top partners make sure consumers never receive an order which has been opened, damaged or has items missing.
- Carefully check all items are included and are packaging correctly before leaving the restaurant
- If any damage occurs during transit, let the recipient know when completing the delivery
The material provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region or city. It’s subject to change and may be updated without notice.