Your trips in June are only $2 when you purchase a POOL Pass, a new pilot program we’ve improved based on feedback from people who participated in May.
You spoke up and we listened. We’re now offering a 20 ride POOL pass for $40. And with our new expanded coverage area, you can use your pass in Cambridge, Somerville, Charlestown, Allston and Brighton!
Your trips will always be a flat $2, even in times of high demand. This means you’ll only pay $4 per trip when factoring in the price of the pass. Passes will be available for purchase in the Uber app Wednesday 5/25 – Friday 5/27 from 9am to 7pm.
HOW TO PURCHASE
- Open the app from 9am to 7pm and request the POOL Pass option (the same way you would request uberX or uberPOOL).
- You’ll be automatically charged $40 using the card on file.
- We’ll send you an email confirming your purchase, and you can start using it June 1.
Purchasing the POOL Pass does not guarantee the availability of any trip. Rides are a flat $2 fare on uberPOOL, unaffected by surge. To qualify, trips must meet the following requirements:
- Occur between June 1-30, 2016
- Available 24/7
- Trips must begin and end within the designated zone (see map)
- Applicable on up to 20 trips
Terms and Conditions
- Each Zone Pass is available for a one-time, upfront, non-refundable fee of $40, which will be charged to the credit card on file with your Uber account. Purchasing the Pass does not guarantee the availability of any trips.
- There are 400 Zone Passes available. Limit one (1) per person.
- Zone Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable, and may not be redeemed except as provided herein.
- Zone Passes must be purchased by May 27, 2016.
- Each Zone Pass entitles the purchaser thereof to a guaranteed $2 fare on up to 20 “Qualifying Rides”.
- To be a Qualifying Ride:
- The ride must be requested through the uberPOOL vehicle view only.
- The ride must originate and end in the designated zone, including Downtown, South End, Seaport, Southie, Savin Hill, Cambridge, Somerville and Charlestown. (outlined in the map above).
- The ride must be requested between June 1-30, 2016
- The fare must not exceed $50. The total cost of any ride exceeding $50 will be charged directly to the purchaser of the Zone Pass.
- Uber reserves the right to immediately suspend or terminate the use of any Zone Pass that is used fraudulently.