Over the years, Uber has expanded mobility by delivering new modes of transportation whenever riders need it. Today, we’re rolling out a new, enhanced set of features for Uber Black and Uber Black SUV, the original luxury experiences where it all started.
Uber Black and Uber Black SUV riders told us they wanted high-quality service and premium comfort. That’s why we’ve improved features and requirements to meet or exceed their expectations on every ride. Whether it’s heading to that important meeting, or arriving in style for date night, we’re offering an increasing number of ways for riders to personalize their experiences. Here’s where we’re starting:
- Quiet Mode: if you need to respond to emails or are in the mood for a nap, make your trip a quieter one with just one tap. If you’re in the mood to chat, that’s an option too.
- Help with Luggage: let your driver know an extra pair of hands is needed for your luggage.
- Temperature Control: communicate your optimal temperature before entering a vehicle.
- Extended Pickup Period: riders will have a little extra time to get to the car when unexpected delays pop up.
- Premium Support: access premium phone support with live agents if you need something to be made right.
- Professionalism: ride with confidence knowing that your professional, commercially-licensed driver is at the top of his or her game.
- Consistent Vehicle Quality: expect the same kinds of rides, every time, with consistent vehicle model, makes, interiors, and exteriors.
We know that when riders choose Uber Black and Uber Black SUV, they want a consistent, high quality experience every time they ride. With these new features and more to come, we’re excited to ensure that our riders can arrive relaxed and refreshed, wherever they’re headed.
Premium feature preferences including Quiet Mode, help with luggage, temperature control, extended pickup periods and premium support will be available to 100% of US Uber Black and Uber Black SUV riders on May 15. New driver and vehicle requirements are currently present in Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dallas, Detroit, Denver, Eastern Shore, Houston, Jacksonville, Los Angeles, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Nashville, New Jersey, New Orleans, New York City, Orange County, Palm Springs, Philadelphia, Phoenix, The Rockies, Sacramento, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Seattle, St. Louis, Toronto, Ventura, and Washington DC. We plan to expand these requirements to more cities soon. Click here for more information on today’s news.